18. Watchman

𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔯 𝔧𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰 ²⁰

After my encounter with Dejah at the bus stop I couldn't get her out of my mind

After my encounter with Dejah at the bus stop I couldn't get her out of my mind. She was way different than when we were kids, how does someone get so beautiful?

After mi go pan the bus, mi watch her through the window. Based pan wah the boss tell mi while mi deh deh a foreign she go utech.

"Mi future wife smart." I said to myself as the bus drove off.

I've known Dejah long before she moved to Portmore. It's just a matter of time before she finds out what's really going on.

FLASHBACK

As I played in the living room I heard cars pulling up in the entrance.

"Mommy, daddy who deh yah ?" I asked nosily.

"Nobody go to your room and close the door." My mother said as she went to open the front door.

As I made my way up the steps I hid behind the railing so that they wouldn't see me snooping.

"Wah gwan Henry, wassup Martha." The man said as he greeted my parents.

"Wassup Robert?" My parents said as they greeted him and let him in the house.

As the man walked in a little girl held on to his pants as she follows him into the house.

"Hey Cahdejah, how are you today?" My parents asked as they bent down to hug her.

"I'm ok, guess what I learnt today?" She asked proudly.

"I learnt how to shoot." She blurted out eagerly as she smiled brightly, even though her front teeth did missing.

"That's great pretty girl, I know you're gonna be a pro one day." My dad said as he looked down on her.

"Ahem anyways, mi neva come yah fi nuh long talking, mi wah yuh son married mi daughter wen she get older. This will strengthen our alliance and make us strong enough to go international." He said seriously.

"Ago think bout it." My father said nervously.

"Mi nuh need yuh fi think, mi seh it and it ago happen and nobody can know about it." The man responded as he headed to the door.

"And by the way, ago need yuh son fi start train,ago give him mi daughter one day, him cah weak she need smaddy fi take care of her, sen him tomorrow and if you don't I'll come get him." The man said loudly as he headed to the door.

End of flashback.

You see, my parents were apart of the 1 percent in Jamaica and Dejah's father needed money to fund his gang.