Chapter 14

Chrystal's POV

His voice seemed to shake like the this moment, what he was doing, was the scariest thing he could imagine. Everything slowed down in the next few moments, I felt my mouth open to answer his question then closed again. This weekend was one of my concerts but that was on Saturday, I could have nothing to do Sunday. I stared at him for what seemed like forever before I realized I needed to answer.

"Um, well I have a concert Saturday..." My voice faded into a silence that lasted a second too long.

"Sunday" he asked, taking my hand and sending sparks through my arm.

"I, um, I don't think so..why" my voice started to crack from my own nervousness. This was the moment I've wanted since I was 7. I stared into his jungle green eyes, that haunted my dreams ever since I could remember.

"Is there any chance you'd want to go out" his old somewhat cocky self was back. A playful smile tugging at his mouth, knowing how my heart was racing and how my mind was spinning.

"Like..a date" I asked like the child I was. Wanting to slap myself right after it left my mouth.

"Yeah, like a date" he said with a chuckle. "A real one, just you and me." He gave my hand a little squeeze.

I stared at him in complete shock, my mouth almost falling open. I blinked a few times, to make sure this wasn't a dream or some sick joke.

"I-I...o-kay" I said holding out the o in okay which I did when I wasn't sure. The relief on his face made my heart ache. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

Looking straight into my eyes smiling like an idiot. "You have no idea how happy you just made me." He pulled me into another hug and all I could think was: what had I just done.

Austin's POV

I held flowers behind my back as I walked up the stairs of Crystal's house. If I remembered correctly her room was the one on the right. Third door.

When I got to her door I heard voices, smelling Crystal's beautiful aroma mix with the sickening sent of wild and too much cologne. She was with some guy from her pack, my first thought was to burst through the door and rid him to shreds but then I started to listen to him talk.

"Is there any chance you'd want to go out" he asked. Unsure of himself.

"Like...a date" my sweet Crystal asked childishly, I had to stop myself from snickering. She was such a child sometimes. Just one of the few tings I loved about her.

The guy chuckled, "yeah like a date. A really one...just you and me."

"I-I...o-okay..." she said in a shaky voice. The one she used when she cried too much or if she wasn't sure.

"You have no idea how happy you just made me" he said. It was then did I realize what just happened. My Crystal just agreed to go on a date with some mutt. It sickened me, thinking of her in a dark movie theatre alone with him or in a restaurant.I couldn't stand the thought. I tip-toed to the door that was slightly open to try to see the guy she was was. My stomach turned when I saw his face, that fleabag wasn't good enough for her. Didin't deserve her.

They pulled apart and he looked at me, making eye contact. I ran down the stairs dropping the flowers in-front of her door. I couldn't have her see me after Cory had just asked her out. It would be the most awkward moment for everyone. Not that I would mind making Cory feel awkward. I ran through the woods hoping to cross the border before he sent some pups to try to attack me. I didn't feel like fighting off anyone today.

Crossing into my pack's territory I heard the howls of the search party that Cory had sent after me. A girl from my pack welcomed saying my father needed to see me. He was in his study, when I walked in he made me close the door.

"I checked my computer this morning son" he said looking at me, his reading glasses fell onto the bridge of his nose. "And I saw you decided on some important matter." His eyebrows rose in curiosity. "Now I'm not angry, but why these boys?"

"Well they're some of the oldest and they need the training and you see..." I started to ramble some lies that might make him agree. If he knew the real reasons behind my choosing he'd change them and my plan would be foiled after all. 

He seemed to consider my rant of lies for a long time, too long for me. It  made every second seem like an hour, causing me to become more nervous with each passing moment. "These were some the alphas I considered...it's settled then. Cory, Tyler, Matthew, and Ryan will be sent to the Arctic training base. This Saturday." I bowed to my father and left, with a smile. My plan was now in motion, and nothing could stop it now.

_________________________

I'm really sorry it's so short, but I'm having a bit of writer's block with this story. Don't worry though, the next chapter will be longer I promise. Thanks so much for reading! As always vote and comment what you think. I always love hearing your ideas for the story. This is my spring break so I should be able to start the next chapter and possible finish this week.