Chapter 12

Crystal's P.O.V

Half an hour later Abigail came. Yelling like a mad woman. "Are you insane!? Wait, I already now the answer to that! God, did you know how worried we were? Tyler went mental!"

"I'm so sorry" I said, standing up. "But do I have a story for you." A grin growing on my face as I started walking towards her. I felt the guys eyes on me, watching my every move.

Abigail crossed her arms, then looked passed me. She looked back at me, "you better. 2 guys at the carving tree? It has to be worth my time." With that we walked to her car.

"Bye guys" I called over my shoulder. Leaving them alone, stupid move. But I've made a lot of stupid moves lately. What's one more?

I hopped in the passenger seat. Abigail turned to me and was a waterfal of questions. One after another. "Who is that guy? Why did you go with Cory? Did he hurt? Oh, I'm gonna kill him. Oh, wait Tyler already called that. Do you know how worried he is? Cory kidnapped you! Why did he do that anyway? Why'd he bring you here? What did you 2 do? What happened!?"

"Woah, Abi, one at a time. Please. Okay, so the guy is Austin Heart-" she cut me off again.

"Austin Heart? As in cold, heartless, rude Austin Heart? Son of the alpha of the Blood Red pack?"

"Um, well he's the alpha's son. But he isn't cold or heartless or rude" I was actually shocked she said that. He had never been anything but kind to me. Everyone else was heartless compared to him.

"Whatever you say Crystal, whatever you say...." she said while backing up the car and shaking her head. We rode in a semi silent state. Every now and then she'd ask a question, but not too often. She might like to gossip, but when it goes to driving she's serious. Can't make her look at her phone while driving if her life depended on it.

Half an hour later I was pulled into the arms of Tyler. Before I could even take a step out of the car. He kept apologizing. Saying he should have protected me better and stopped Cory from taking me. He carried me inside and into the den. Putting me down on the leather couch.

"God Crystal, you have no idea how sorry I am-" he started again for the 100th time.

"Will you stop! It's not your fault" I said, touching his arm lightly. "There was nothing you could do." He sighed then sat next to me.

Such deep sorrow lived in his eyes. How could someone so happy be holding back so much saddness? "Crystal, I just can't lose you to him" he said, half to himself.

"You idiot" I said, lightly pushing his arm. "You could never lose me." The second it was out, I wished I hadn't said that. Abigail's words rung in my head. What if he took it the wrong way? No matter how much I hated it, I'm just not ready for anything more than a friend.

"You promise" he asked.

My mouth reacted before my mind. "I promise" I said. I settled into the couch, I was so tired. "I promise..." I repeated. More to myself than to him. Just because Cory was back doesn't mean I could just leave Tyler. He was my best friend, besides Abigail. And nothing could ever change that.

                                                                       ~~~~

I woke up extra early on Saturday. I didn't babysit for the Blues anymore, but the pattern seemed to stick to me like glue. I changed into some white shorts and a black strapless shirt. I left the usualy breakfeast on the table with a note saying I was going for a quick walk.

I waked out the door and ran into someone. Falling flat on my butt. Looking up I saw the smiling face of Austin, teasing gleam in his eyes.

I grinned up at him, pushing myself off the ground. "What are you doing here" i asked while dusting off my skirt.