Chapter 4

Crystal's P.O.V

It was amazing being with Tyler. He was funny and nice and sweet and perfect....and not mine. I sighed in my head. He wasn't my mate and that bothered me. Of course hewasn't mine, one of the only good guys and he's never going to be mine. The other two good guys I can't have because one's my brother(and yeah, you can see where I'm going with that) and the other his my soon-to-be alpha.

Cory. I sighed again in my head. He needed a strong she-wolf to be the alpha female. Not some little girl who didn't even have her first shift yet. Yes, that's right. I haven't shifted yet. I have no idea what my wolf looks like. it's probably gonna be a lowly brown wolf.

You may not know this, but there are different typed of wolfs. The most common are brown. Then the second most common are red. Second rarest are black, because those are the alphas. Only a handful of them seeing how the packs are combining. And the rarest are white. A beautiful white is every wolfs dream. They have special powers even for a werewolf.

And even more are are when the whites have little purple designs. But no one even knows if they exist. I always hated that I didn't shift yet. Everyone else in my grade had. And it was another thing to use against me.

People say I'm just a late bloomer. But I know better. The later you have your first shift is suppose to be a sign of how rare you are. But normally it's a few months. I've waited almost a full year. And the more time that passes the more I fear I might never shift.

I haven't even had a conversation with her! Most people have them at least say that they are there! Then a horrible thought crept into my mind. What if...what if I'm a human! That wouldn't be good. Humans aren't allowed to know. If I was a human...I don't know what would happen to me.

"Crystal" Tyler yelled at me while shaking me back and forth. A worried look in his eyes.

I snapped out of my little daze, "oh, sorry. I sometimes just..." I didn't know how to explain it.

"Talk to your wolf" he offered. I felt my face pale, no one brought up my wolf. They had been forbiden to. The alpha said so. "Crystal....what's wrong?"

"I...I haven't...." I couldn't finish. Shame washed over me. Everyone could at least talk to their wolf, even if they were late shifters.

"You haven't what Crystal" he asked in a quiet voice. Sadness creeping into his eyes. He already knew the answer.

"I haven't shifter yet" I whispered in my quietest voice. I have never been one for speaking, but I think I just got to a new level of quiet. Maybe soon enough werewolves won't be able to hear me speak anymore.

His eyes widened in shock and guilt, "oh my god...Crystal, I'm so sorry. I didn't...I just...why?" Each word began quieter. Then a small smile came to his face, "maybe you're a rare wolf?"

I shook my head, "it's almost be a full year since everyone else in my grade was suppose to shift." Then in an even quieter voice I added, "I can't even get her to talk to me...."

Horror flashed across his face. Then he brought me in a bear hug, "oh god Crystal...I'm so sorry....I didn't know..." I felt hot tears roll down my check. We sat there for awhile. Him hugging me on the couch while I cried.

Until we heard someone clear their throat. I didn't look up, but I heard Tyler growl. Out of sere curiosity I glanced up to see Cory glaring at Tyler. Why was Cory here?

"What's going on here" he asked. Clearly pissed. I rubbed my eyes, trying to hide the fact that I was crying and forced a smile. It was a small smile that probably didn't make it to my eyes. His face softened, "what's wrong Crystal?"