Chapter 5

Cory's P.O.V

I stood there for a few more minutes. How did I forget her birthday!? I have to get her a present! And it has to be perfect! Absolutely perfect! I headed back towards the punching bag, not really in the mood to tear it to shreds anymore when there she was. The girl who believed she was my mate.

A smile played at her lips when she saw me walking towards her. As quickly as I could I turned around again. I did not need her or her dream of being my mate.

"Baby" she whined. God, her voice is so annoying. "Why do you keep walking away from me?" She was running to catch up to me. She was in super-short black shorts and a hot pink sports bra. I guess she was trying to look hot, but to me, she was just a tramp.

"One: stop calling me baby" I said in my alpha tone. "Two" I looked her dead in the eyes, making sure she knew I was serious. "We aren't mates. Get it through your head. And leave me alone!" I whirled around again and headed back towards the exist.

"I will prove we're mates" she called to my back, but it fell on deaf ears. I knew she wasn't my mate and whoever was, I felt bad for him.

Crystal's P.O.V

I ran a few laps after my talk with Cory. He just didn't get how serious this was. I could be a human. I could be killed! I had to shift soon, and I mean in the next 2 days soon. If I didn't....I don't know what will happen to me.

I wasn't watching where I was going and ran straight into a tree. Or at least I thought it was a tree. Tow arms rapped around my waist, preventing my fall. I looked up to see the two dazzling blue eyes I knew anywhere.

Tyler helped me to stand again. "Sorry, I guess I didn't look where I was going" I said lamely. Embarrassment sent in at I looked down at me feet.

"Well next time watch where you're going" a girl voice hissed. There standing next to a mad Tyler was Megan. A glare heated with hatred.

"Will you stop following me" Tyler said. At first I thought he was talking to me. "I don't even know you!" Megan smirked, also thinking he was talking to me. "And stop picking on Crystal! I thought I made that clear!"

Megan and I looked at Tyler with shocked eyes. No one talked to Megan like that. I smiled a little. She quickly recovered and placed her hand on his arm.

"Oh, how rude of me" she cooed. Batting her eyes, trying to look cute. "I'm Megan."

He jerked his arm away, then walked over to me. Putting his arm around my waist, "well Megan, stop following me and leave Crystal alone." He pulled me in the other direction, I glanced back at a clearly shocked and pissed Megan.

For once things weren't going her way. For once she didn't get what she wanted. I felt myself smile. It's abut time.

"Crystal, we have to talk" Tyler said. Snapping me out of the little trance I was in.

I gulped, scared of what this talk was about. "O-okay, what's up?" My voice cracked at first, but I fixed it as soon as I could.

We stopped in front of the library. One of Megan's minions sitting there, pretending not to watch us. "I am disgusted by the way this pack treats you" he said. His eyes filled with rage. I was not expecting this. And my face must have said so because he continued. "Like that! You don't even expect someone to stand up for you or be nice to you!"

He was beginning to shake with anger. I put my hand on his arm, "Tyler, please calm down. I don't want you shifting right now."

He let out a small sigh, and smiled at me. "I can't stand how things are around here. I want you to join my pack." I felt my eyes widen. Join his pack?....Leave this one?