Chapter 04:

The next day (Saturday)

Y/n:

My alarm clock tore me out of my dream.

At first I didn't even want to get up, but when I remembered what day it was today, I jumped up. I was pretty excited.

What should I wear? I ran down the stairs and grabbed my phone. Then I dialed Jade's number.

When she answered it, she still sounded quite sleepy. Jade didn't have to get up as early as I did, as she and Rian lived just one street away from our school.

"Good morning!" I shouted happily.

I heard her laugh softly. "Morning...what is it? Do you need help with the outfit?"

I grinned. "Yes. Can I come over?" I then asked, even though I already knew the answer. On Rian's birthday, I always came to Jade.

"Mhmm," she just said.

In the morning she was always a bit grumpy.

"Good. Then I'll be there in half an hour. See you later!" I said quickly then I hung up.

I got dressed and ran back down to the kitchen. Then I wrote another note and put it on the table.

I'm with Jade.

I'll be back this afternoon.

It's Rian's B-Day. You already know how it works.

Then I went out of the house and made my way to the bus stop. Fortunately, our bus also went on Saturdays.

-Timeskip-

I pressed the bell on the door of the Parkers.

After few seconds, Mrs. Parker opened the door for me and smiled.

"Y/n how nice to see you! Come in Jade is still sleeping. Maybe you'll get her to get up."

I nodded and walked after her through the hallway. I put my boots in the shoe rack and hung up my jacket.

I was just about to go up the stairs as Mrs. Parker called me again.

"Y/n? Jade and I were in town the other day and brought you something. Come here for a moment!"

I ran to her and she put a box in front of my feet.

When I opened it, I saw white slippers. But they weren't normal slippers. They were unicorn slippers! Sewn on it with a small golden horn and sweet black eyes.

"Oh wow! They are super cute! Are they really for me? How much did they cost?" I asked.

Mrs. Parker laughed.

"Of course they are for you! And you don't have to give us any money, otherwise it wouldn't be a gift anymore. So and now please be so kind and wake up Jade yes?"

I laughed and thanked her again. I slipped into my new shoes and went up the stairs.

I met Rian in the hallway. I smiled at him. "Happy birthday! 18 years old. You're getting really old!" I then said with a grin.

He grinned back. "Thank you. Can I see your pretty face at my party tonight?" He asked.

I nodded.

I hesitated briefly but then I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek.

He grinned at me with this:
I-knew-it-look.

I blushed, then I disappeared into Jade's room.

I opened the curtains and let myself fall on the bed next to the sleeping Jade.

"Good morning..." she mumbled. I just sighed.