cause i'll always think of you (haely)

the rain falling reminds me of you
because it is falling hard, and i am too.

---

No matter how it would have been easier — so much easier — had she gone and fallen for someone else, Lily wouldn't change it for the world.

Someone else, with anything approaching a sense of romanticism to them, would have noticed years ago. Someone else, whose friendships had moments of shared silence tucked away in corners, would have realized quite early on how Lily felt. Someone else, who didn't hoot with laughter over the crushes and sentimentality some of the others had, would have wondered whether perhaps Lily longed for something more.

But that would be someone else and Lily didn't want someone else, didn't love someone else.

She loved Haewon.

And loving Haewon meant loving how Haewon showed affection through showing Lily how to do something new or telling her something she didn't already know. Lily had lost count of how many times she had let Haewon teach or tell her something she already knew, just to see the glimmer of delight that Haewon got when she was sharing something with her.

Loving Haewon meant being awoken at half one in the morning as Haewon stumbled in from a party, complaining that no one there held a light to Lily, and clambered into Lily's bed to sleep. It meant not making a fuss out of it the next morning; though Lily lay in bed pretending to be asleep so she could enjoy it for a little longer.

Loving Haewon meant being surprised, one morning, when Haewon came out of her room, half asleep and wrapped her arms around Lily from behind, while Lily washed the dishes. It meant needing hardly any convincing to put down the sponge and let the dish water go cold, so they could both go back to bed for another half an hour or so.

Loving Haewon meant that it took a little longer for Haewon to work out what was going on — not that she would ever admit to that, oh no, not quick-minded Haewon — but Lily wouldn't change it for the world.