chocolate milk (sullbae)

my heart is so full of you that i can hardly call it my own.

---

Yoona sits against the wall, facing the window. She can't see anything outside, which is good, meaning the sun hasn't risen yet. They ended early, with Lily being the first to knock out.

She sips her chocolate milk. She knew Lily was weak in the end.

The lights aren't turned on in the room, but it is outside in the hallway. Yoona stays focused on the dark window. Her gaze is only broken when someone nudges at her side.

She turns, and sees Jinsol urging her to leave the room. Yoona glances back at the window, wondering if her heavy eyes are strong enough to stay awake. But Jinsol comes closer, and takes her hand that doesn't hold the chocolate milk.

Yoona stands up, and follows Jinsol until she can't hear Lily's snores anymore.

They end up outside, in the brisk hours before dawn. They sit down on bean bags presumably stolen from Lily's room. Crashing at the older girl's house was probably the best and worst decision their group has ever made, but nothing can deny it was the most comfortable and loaded.

Plus, her parents like them. And they're out on trips a lot. It's a perfect teenage dream.

"Sleepy?" Jinsol asks, scooting closer for warmth. Yoona unravels the blanket around her waist and puts it on the both of them. In the midst of everything, Jinsol finds Yoona's hand and interlaces it with her own, like she has a million times before.

"Exhausted," Yoona states, comfortably settling. "But I'm also surprised that it ended early this time. Usually, Lily would still be belting out the karaoke or something right now."

Jinsol giggles, agreeing wholeheartedly. She starts drawing little circles on Yoona's hand.

"Me too," she says, still laughing. "Jiwoo or Kyujin would do something stupid, like jump off the roof like that one time."

Yoona nods, remembering exactly when that happened. It was in the early days of their friendship, but it happened so fast and full of trust that nobody cared they met a few months before. Nobody was hurt, but Haewon almost got grey hair out of stress. Jiwoo and Kyujin laughed, and hugged everyone. It was one of the first tastes of fun Yoona ever had.

"I still don't understand why they did it,"" Yoona mutters, thinking hard. "I think they were trying to get a cat out of the tree?"

"I thought it was a hurt bird?" Jinsol questions.

"Everyone thought it was a bird until it didn't sound like a bird."

Jinsol bursts into laughter again, agreeing profusely. Yoona cracks a smile despite her sleepiness. She lifts her chocolate milk to take a sip, but she offers it to Jinsol first. She takes it, and lets her head fall on Yoona's shoulder.

Everything is silent, but peaceful. The dark sky is mixing into something brighter. Yoona knows that Jinsol loves the scenery. If she could, she would bring her paint everywhere and capture the moment. She knows she would.

"Yoona," she says, slowly breaking her from her thoughts. "I'm sorry I've been busy," Jinsol confesses, still holding Yoona and the chocolate milk. "Yearbook and finals and art have kept me from you."

It's sudden, but Yoona knew it was coming. Everything and everyone has been busy. It feels like it's been years since Jinsol and Yoona were alone like this, intimately and with one another.

"It's fine," Yoona says, because it's the truth. Mornings were met with good morning texts. Lunch breaks were spent either napping or eating together. After school happened at the library studying. Jinsol did her best juggling Yoona into her busy schedule, and she's more than grateful for it. "You've been nothing short on anything."

Jinsol's lips curve into a small smile and it's like Yoona falls in love all over again.

"I wish I had my paint," Jinsol murmurs. She hasn't stopped drawing circles on Yoona's hand. "The sun looks especially pretty right now."

Yoona takes her chocolate milk, staring up at the sky. In the corner of her eye, she can see Jinsol looking at her. Her cheeks turn red faster than she can react.

"If you say one more cheesy thing I'm going to throw you off the roof."

"Good thing we're not on the roof."

Jinsol's lips press against hers and it happens just like that. Everything is the way it's supposed to be; Jinsol is with Yoona, and Yoona is with Jinsol. They both can taste the chocolate milk on their lips and it brings a smile on their faces. Yoona's eyes are closed, but she can still see the mix of colors of the sky.

Shit. She is so, so in love.

Jinsol smiles, and stands up from the bean bag, pulling Yoona up. She didn't have to say anything for her to know that her energy is almost spent.

"My girlfriend needs her beauty rest," Jinsol huffs, pulling Yoona close. Her arm settles on her waist and Yoona drapes hers over her shoulders.

They walk up slowly, taking each step without any haste. They mumble about small things, quietly so they don't wake up anyone.

Almost everyone is sleeping on the floor except for Jiwoo and Kyujin. Kyujin is attached to Jiwoo's back, and Jinsol tells herself to remember it in the morning to tease her about it.

There's a small space left where Yoona sat before getting pulled away. They take it as their spot, and after getting ready, they get their blankets and pillows and settle closely to one another.

Jinsol's eyes are drooping first even when Yoona was the one that was most tired. Their foreheads are nearly touching, and once Jinsol stops drawing small circles on Yoona's hand, she's convinced that she's truly asleep.

She slightly adjusts herself, just enough so she can take a peek at the window. The sun is not high, but it's there to light up outside. It's exactly what it looks like when her eyes were closed. Lily's snores has been slightly muffled, but it's only because Haewon put a pillow near her mouth, near enough not to suffocate her.

She feels like she can still taste the chocolate milk. Yoona falls asleep drawing small circles on Jinsol's hand with the memory of the perfect mix of colors of the sky.