baby, i'd give up anything to travel inside your mind (summerz)

kazuha is a bit odd, but that's what chaewon loves about her.

---

Living with Kazuha, or perhaps just living with a writer, required a certain expectation of oddities when you arrived home from work. So, when Chaewon stepped into the front room of their little flat — cheeks reddened from the winds outside and longing for a hot drink — and found Kazuha surrounded by small, multi-coloured bricks, she managed to put it out of her mind until she had made a cup of tea for herself and coffee for Kazuha.

When Chaewon returned to the front room, Kazuha was clicking those tiny bricks together with the utmost concentration. The tip of her tongue was poking out the corner of her mouth, a good indicator that she was engrossed in her work. Chaewon thought it was entirely adorable.

Setting the cup of coffee down in front of Kazuha seemed to bring her out of her world of bricks and bright colours.

"Chaewon!" Kazuha looked up and that brilliant smile that still made Chaewon feel giddy and shy to be on the receiving end of appeared. "When did you get home?"

Chaewon shook her head with a small smile and settled herself down on the sofa that Kazuha was leaning against.

"What are you doing?" Chaewon asked softly. She ran one hand gently through Kazuha's unruly hair and Kazuha leaned back into her touch.

"It's Lego!" Kazuha explained. "They're these new toys made in Denmark and the newspaper wants an article on them. They're quite ingenious, actually."

Chaewon cast her eyes over the clumps of colour decorating the floor, realising that they were probably supposed to be buildings. She set her tea down on the coffee table, which Kazuha had moved to one side so that she could have space to build her miniature town.

"So, obviously, you had to cover our floor in this Lego for your article?"

"Of course. How else would I be able to do a good write-up?"

Chaewon chuckled and leant down to kiss Kazuha on the temple then sat back into the sofa. As Kazuha returned her attention to the tiny blocks — continuing her construction of what Chaewon guessed was supposed to be a rainbow version of Big Ben that seemed to be overlooking some sort of half-built castle — Chaewon decided that there wasn't anything she needed to do that couldn't wait for a few minutes.