cozy nights (haely)

I won't be able to fall asleep like this, thought Haewon. Lily's mere presence had always made her more sensitive, but compared to feeling Lily snuggle against her and feeling Lily's breathing, it was almost like nothing at all. There was no question of falling asleep ever again.

The bedroom was almost completely silent; the only sound that Haewon could hear was the sound of Lily's breath. Soon, Haewon realized that her own breath slowly synchronized with Lily's, calm and even, as if Haewon too, was sleeping.

Was Lily asleep? She had to be, everything seemed like she was. Yet, Haewon would seem as if she were sleeping to any outside observer, so maybe Lily was awake as well. Maybe she was even thinking the same thoughts as Haewon. However, whatever the case, Haewon did not want to take the chance and wake Lily up.

This moment, this very moment of indescribable feeling, that was part intense closeness and part loneliness, was incredibly precious to Haewon. She did not want to share it, not even with Lily and even if she did try to share it, the moment would be lost. However, as she thought that, Haewon felt Lily squirm a little. She rolled over, coming face to face with Lily and seeing in the gloom that Lily's eyes were half-open. She was awake.

"Can't sleep?" mumbled Lily. She must have woken up only moments ago.

"I'm fine," said Haewon quietly, "Go back to sleep."

"Right," said Lily and gave Haewon a quick kiss before closing her eyes with a smile on her face.

Haewon also felt herself smiling, as she closed her eyes. This time, she had no trouble falling asleep.