12. the confesion part 2

Ellie starts to get a little concerned now. “So why were you texting her if she hates you?”

"Because if I didn't she would do things."
Katie said scared.

Ellie has a bad feeling about this.
“What things? What was she going to do to you if you didn’t text her?”

"H-hurt me..."
Katie burries her head more into her chest.

Ellie is even MORE concerned now.
“You mean, she’s gonna physically hurt you if you don’t text her?"

Katie nods.
"well not just if I wouldn't text her back. That was just one of the things."

Ellie pauses for a moment.
“She’s using her words to make you feel bad, isn’t she? She’s being awful and saying cruel things to you if you don’t text her back…”

"Her friends are the same."
Katie says quitely.

“She has friends that act this way too? Who are they so I know who to stay away from?”
Ellie says.

"I don't know they're names but you don't go to that school so you don't have to worry."

“Well, that’s good I guess. But… why does she act like this? What the hell is wrong with her?”
Ellie says mad while holding her tightly.

"You know that is not the worst part if it was just that I would have told you."
Katie says quietly.

“Worse part…? Then what’s the worst part then?”
Ellie asks confused but scared for what it might be.

"At school..." Katie starts.

“…What’s happening at school?”
Ellie asks scared.

"They would take me to somewhere at lunch break where no one was."
Katie said scared.

Ellie’s eyes widen in shock.
“They would just take you somewhere that was away from everyone… where was this?”

"At school sometimes in the bathroom sometimes in a storage room or broomcloset."
Katie said.

“Wait… the bathroom?! What would they do to you in the bathroom?!”
Ellie says worried.

"You know.. things..."

“What… what kind of things???”
Ellie hoping it not what she thinks it is.

"Sexual things..."
Katie admits scared.

Ellie’s eyes widen.
“Oh my god… they… they did that to you?!”
Ellie is in shock. She was thinking that but she hoped it wasn't true.

Katie nods scared.
"That was one of the reasons I didn't want to be intimate with you..."

Ellie looks like she’s about to cry.
“You were… assaulted… and you thought I would be angry with you?”

Katie nods shaking a bit.

Ellie wraps her in a hug.
“Oh god… I’m so sorry you went through that… I would never blame you for someone else’s terrible actions…”

"But she also told me that if I told anyone she would do worse things or even hurt the person I told. So that's why I didn't said anything..."
Katie admits scared.

“Damn… she really is just a terrible person in general…”
Ellie pulls back slightly to wipe away some tears.
“I shouldn’t have reacted so angrily when I found out you were texting her. I should’ve been helping you. All this time, I’ve just been too focused on how you lied to me, not on what you’d been going through. It’s clear now what was really bothering you, but I didn’t care enough to even ask about that back then…”

"You were just being normal I don't blame you. But I didn't want you to get hurt too.."
Katie says.

“I shouldn’t have even made it about me back then. I should have been focusing on you and how you were doing instead.”
Ellie pulls her into another warm hug.

"That's not true you if I were you I would act the same way probably..."
Katie says not blaming you at all.

Ellie sighs
“Maybe you’re right… maybe you would have acted the same way too. But I hate it. I hate that you had to go through this and couldn’t tell me about it. I would’ve wanted nothing more than to help you through it.”
Ellie holds her tightly.

"They're scary..."
Katie says and starts to cling on her even more.

“I can imagine… they just sound like the worst people possible. Not only did they hurt you, but they threatened not only you, but also anyone who could’ve possibly tried to help. They’re  cruel and they’re terrifying and they deserve to get what’s coming to them…”
Ellie can feel hee hands gripping her tightly, and she can feel her body shaking.
“Shhh, shhhh…”
She rubs her back to try and comfort her.

"I'm sorry..."

Ellie smiles softly.
“Hey, don’t be sorry. You did nothing wrong. Now stay here and let me try to comfort you while I figure out what I can really do to help you. Just keep holding onto me, alright?”

"Their is also one more thin-"
Katie starts but stops talking.

"Huh? What is it?"
Ellie asks.

"Um.. can we go home..."
Katie asks not aswering the question.

“Of course… let’s walk home together right now. I don’t want to leave you here alone, not after what I just found out…”

Katie nods still shaking.

Ellie wraps her arms around her and starts to walk her back home.
“You’re in safe hands now. I won’t let anyone do anything bad to you ever again. You don’t have to worry.”

"Okay..."
Katie replies.

Ellie rubs her back as she continues to walk, giving her comforting gestures along the way.
“Everything’s gonna be alright. The only thing I want for you is just happiness and contentment. So you just know that no matter what you deal with, I’ll be here for you.”

Katie feels safe with her even though Ellie a lot smaller and weaker than she is.

Ellie smiles to herself, and she keeps rubbing her hands reassuringly.
“I will always make sure to protect you and make you feel safe. I don’t want you to have to deal with these fears of yours all alone like this. I want to be by your side…”