The Happiest Day

It was the most important day of his life. For once, Jax hadn't been mean to anyone.

He never broke Gangle's comedy mask.

He gave Ragatha a sewing kit.

He never criticized Kinger for being crazy.

He didn't use Zooble's arm as a back scratcher.

He actually laughed at Kaufmo's jokes.

He even didn't be mean to Caine when he told them it was not an optional adventure.

But deep down, Jax was hurting inside. With every day that passed, he felt more cracks form in his heart. And today was the worst of them all.

He had finally had enough. He realized that no matter what he does, he couldn't escape. He couldn't go back to his family. Did he even have one?

No matter what keys he found, Jax would never find the exit.

But there was something even worse than being trapped here.

He was alone.

Forever.

Everyone hated him. Ragatha, Zooble, Gangle, Kaufmo, Kinger, and Caine...they all hated him.

All because of his self defense technique. Being mean and distance himself from everyone. But now it felt as though his act was falling apart.

Even if he was nice today, everyone assumed that he would be back to being the sarcastic jerk%$@ who is irredeemable, selfish, cowardly...

MONSTER

DEMON

EVIL

VILLAIN

RAT

COWARD

All those words...all those words repeated in his head over and over and over.

And over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

No one loved him. Who could be friends with the MONSTER who is selfish and irredeemable as him.

Jax knew this was probably his last day. And he spent it well.

And now here he was on the floor, holding his stomach in pain. Glitches were appearing all over him, and one of his eyes was leaking a black, viscous liquid. No one ever expected it. It seemed no one was there at that time. He screamed in pain, crying.

Then a voice.

"Jax!!"

The sound pierced though the pain that Jax felt. He looked and saw a green haired magician, with a horrified look on her face.

Hiyori. His best friend...his only friend...that he ever had.

"You...you w-weren't supposed to be....h-her-re..."

Jax's voice was glitched but the confusion and fear in his voice was heard. Tears streamed down Hiyori's face as he watched the scene in terror.

"J-jax!! What's happening to you?!"

"I-it's too-too l-late..."

"No it's not! I-I'll get Caine and he'll fix you! He'll fix everything!"

"H...Hi..y0ri..."

Hiyori was about to leave when Jax yelled at her.

"D-don't l-le4ve me..."

"Just hang on, Jax! I don't want to lose you!"

"H...H1y0r1..." Jax saw that Hiyori was going to his glitching body, presumably to hug him.

"D0N'T T0UCH M3!!"

"I'll be here for you. Just don't...don't do this..."

Hiyori's tears flowed more and more. Jax saw the pain and heartbreak on her face as she went closer to him.

"H-H1yor1...I'm...I..."

"I love you Jax."

Jax didn't expect the words to come out of her mouth. They were only 20. But it didn't matter. With the last of his strength, Jax spoke his final words before everything went black...

"1 l0v3 y0u...Hiyori..."