An Escapee

Nothing. No one was there inside of the room.

"Huh...where's Kaufy...?" Hiyori then noticed that Jax's bowling ball was in the middle of the room and loosened her grip on the door to grab it.

"Oh thank you for keeping this Kaufmo! Anyways, let's go find the clown. Maybe he's-"

A groan came from behind the door. Hiyori looked behind and saw Kaufmo, flattened by the door.

"Uh oh! Sorry about that!!"

"It-its fine...I was just had a hard time getting out of bed today."

Ragatha let out a sigh of relief. "Kaufmo, we were so worried!"

Kaufmo then noticed Pomni. "Ah, Don't tell me another human was trapped in this %$@#."

"Uh hi..." Pomni waved, looking a little anxious. "Kinger told me you were...talking about exits. Did you see one by some chance?"

Kaufmo was silent. "Um...no! Not at all!" Pomni rolled her eyes, knowing Kaufmo was lying.

"Hey, let's stop talking about exits for a moment," Ragatha began. "We don't want anyone going insane."

"Let's go gather the Gloinks!"

"Agh, not again!! I thought we got rid of those things!" Kaufmo yelled. "What a waste of time, right? Get it? Because we wasted too much time talking here?"

Of course, nobody laughed except Hiyori. "Ha ha ha ha!! Very funny Kaufmo!! Bet I can top your joke with this one..."

Hiyori coughed a little bit before continuing.

"Why did the clown go to the doctor?!"

The other performers faces turned from a look of calm to a horrified silence as a huge shadow appeared behind Hiyori.

"He was feeling a little bit funny!! Get it?! Ha ha ha!! Hey why are you a guys so scared? Is it because my puns are terrible?"

Kaufmo pointed behind Hiyori, who took a moment to turn. There it was, an abstracted.

"Ooh..."

"What...is that?!" Pomni asked, terrified.

"It's an abstraction. I-I think it escaped from the cellar."

"Oh great. Caine must've been a little frizzy again and left it open!" Kaufmo face palmed.

But there was something distinct about this abstraction. While most abstractions look like black masses with many eyes, the top half differed a little. Looked almost like...

A rabbit.

"Jax...?"

...

Light. Too much light.

The bright colors hurt his eyes. Red, green, yellow...

But he didn't want to go back. To that dark place.

Where there were so many eyes.

Eyes, everywhere. Walls, floor, ceiling. It felt like an eternity.

And then there was light. An escape.

An Exit.

Exit exit exit

EXIT EXIT EXIT

He just had to get out of there. So he jumped.

And now here he was, at this weird, colorful place. It fell familiar. Warm cozy...like...

A home.

Home.

Was this his home?

Or was it the Dark Place?

He couldn't remember anymore. Finding nothing more to do, he scoured through the various places, kicking over things in hopes of finding something. He didn't know what. Was it prey? Food?

Hungry. He was so hungry.

But then there was some voices coming from somewhere. A narrow, long room with rows and rows of...circles with heads on them.

And there they were. Prey.

Prey. Prey.

PREY.

It was hungry.

So hungry.

It prowled toward them, trying not to make a sound. It went behind the green one, who didn't have a single idea of what was going to happen. But two of the prey-a red haired prey with only one eye, and the other prey having a red nose, saw him. They were...familiar.

Too familiar. Where had he seen them?

A new prey, the same size as the green one, looked more frightened than the other two prey. It was red and blue, and it's eyes were big. Very big.

Eventually, the green prey turned around. She had violet eyes and a confused smile. Her look of confusion turned into a look of pure terror.

And then it finally spoke.

"Jax...?"

Note: Apparently, with this being an AU where Hiyori didn't abstract, Kaufmo manages to stay around longer than canon

Note: Apparently, with this being an AU where Hiyori didn't abstract, Kaufmo manages to stay around longer than canon. However, he will still abstract somewhere in the story.