Reactions

"So, have you noticed how Jax is doing today?"

Ragatha asked the performers of the Amazing Digital Circus. Jax was acting weird today.

She remembered that he gave her a box, saying it's a gift. Ragatha thought it was a box full of centipedes, and was about to decline the offer when Jax decided to open it for her. Inside it was a sewing kit. She had always wanted to have one whenever her stitches got loose. She didn't even know how he found one. When thanking Jax, he said a simple "You're welcome" before walking off.

Gangle still had her comedy mask intact, but wasn't wearing it. "Jax didn't break my comedy mask today. Even when I had it on, I...something didn't feel right."

"Did somebody say something about an insect collection?"

Kinger had popped into the conversation. "Did you notice how Jax is acting recently?" Kaufmo asked.

Kinger shrugged. Kaufmo sighed. "Jax...he...he laughed at my jokes. He never does that!"

"W-what's so wrong with laughing at a joke?"

"Like a really terrible one?" Zooble chimes in sarcastically.

"Not helping, Zooble. It's just that his laugh was...a mix between genuine and fake. I've been here long enough to know the difference."

"So what can that mean, Kaufmo?" Kinger asked, cocking his head to one side.

"Jax may have reached his breaking point."

The words "Breaking Point" echoed hollowly through the Tent. Everyone knew what it meant.

"What do you mean, 'he's reached his breaking point'? I think he's just being nice for once." Ragatha said, trying to find positive thoughts about the situation.

"This is not the time for positivity, Raggedy Ann!" Kaufmo yelled. "I'm being serious about this! It ain't a joke! If Jax is losing it, that means-"

A loud scream was heard, signaling the performers.

"JAX!!!"

...

The performers all immediately ran to the noise and arrived at the center of the circus. All were shocked at what they were seeing.

Hiyori was standing in front of a large(but exceedingly small for an abstraction)black mass with colorful glowing eyes. There was still some features on the creature, such as the ear like appendages hanging from the top of its head, and horrifically, a large smile, that revealed what truly was the abstraction right in front of them.

 There was still some features on the creature, such as the ear like appendages hanging from the top of its head, and horrifically, a large smile, that revealed what truly was the abstraction right in front of them

"Jax..." Hiyori sobbed, crying next to the mass that was now unrecognizable as the smug, periwinkle bunny she befriended.

Gangle's cries grew louder, Kinger and Zooble were staring in shock. Kaufmo sighed, shaking his head. And Ragatha just collapsed to her knees, staring at the monster.

"No...no! There must be a way to fix this! Somehow!" Ragatha screamed, trying to think of a positive way out of this.

"J-jax...!" Gangle cried, her wails getting louder. "W...why...?!"

Gangle felt sadder than ever before. She had hated Jax for breaking her comedy masks, but had always forgave him at the end of the day. And now he's gone, forever lost in the darkness of abstraction.

Kaufmo noticed Hiyori barely moving an inch from the Abstraction. It seemed to be confused by Hiyori's gesture to comfort it.

"Hiyori! We need to go!" Kaufmo shouted, grabbing Hiyori's hand.

"N-no! I-I can't leave him!" She reached toward the abstracted Jax, who just stared back with no emotion.

"Jax, I know you're still in there! You-you need to snap out of it!"

"..."

"Please wake up! I don't want to lose you! You're my best, most talented friend in the whole world, Jax!"

"..."

"Jax...I-I love you!!"

And with that, Hiyori kicked Kaufmo in the groin and jumped right out of his arms.

"Hiyori, NO!"

Hiyori ran straight to Jax and hugged him. She didn't care about the pain or her body glitching and morphing all over. She just wanted to be with her best friend. But the abstracted turned its attention on the other performers. He threw Hiyori off of him and charged at them. "RUN!!" Everyone began to run in different directions. Hiyori staggered after being thrown across the room.

"J-jax...!"

She weakly spoke, still trying to maintain her composure despite the pain she felt. The monster finally turned its attention to her.

"W-wake up!!"

The monster screeched and started to back up, ready to attack her.

"My my!! What is this commotion?!"

A familiar voice yelled throughout the Tent, and Hiyori found that Caine was right behind the abstracted Jax.

"Is this...Jax?! Oh no!!" Caine spoke with drama on his face. The monster attempted to attack him, but he held the monster back with his powers.

"Caine!!" Hiyori screamed. "Please help Jax!"

"I..." Caine's eccentric voice died down as his teeth turned into a frown. "I can't..."

"Well you have to! Please! If someone could fix glitches and bugs like you, surely you can-"

"His mind...I can't fix his mind." Caine spoke in a serious tone. The tone was so sharp and serious that it shocked Hiyori.

"But you can change him back! Just change him back and-"

A black hole suddenly appeared on the floor of the Tent. Hiyori could tell its significance, as she was told many stories of what this thing was.

"Caine, NO!"

Hiyori immediately ran toward the opening in an attempt to stop him. The abstracted was floated toward the hole, flying just above it.

"CAINE, I'll %$@#ing KILL YOU!!"

Caine was a little shocked by Hiyori's sudden swearing, but still held Jax in the air. And with a snap, the abstracted fell.

"JAX!! NO!!"

Hiyori immediately jumped, attempting to follow him but the opening closed before she even got there. She hit the cold checkered floor.

With that, Caine expected Hiyori to either try to fulfill the task of killing him, which was impossible, or wreck the entire Tent in her anger.

But she didn't. She just knelt down, and cried. Caine had never saw Hiyori do this before. She had always been happy and positive, like Ragatha. But now...she seemed to be breaking down.

Caine, unable to hold his eccentric persona much longer, flew over to Hiyori and hugged her. She didn't take the opportunity to punch, kick, or scream at him. She was just lost in her own grief and sadness.