00:05

00:05

Kevin took me to a really nice place for dinner.

It had dim lighting and a sensuality that tugged right at my heart strings. The place smelled delicious and the way the impeccably dressed waiter led us to a corner booth, my heart galloped.

The cushions were a shade of deep red and the table a contrasting brown, but I couldn't really care about them right now.

All I could think of was the proximity between the man and I as we devoured our food, an occasional conversation filling the between.

Kevin was polite enough to drop me home. We walked beside each other, basking in the comfort of our silence as the tension hung low and thick.

It was so palpable I could cut it with the knifes that my mum had stacked back home.

We stopped right in front of my eyes, and instantly hated the fact that I lived so close to the city.

"So" he drawled, "Thanks for coming."

"Oh no." I prayed for a miracle-perhaps Ana had miraculously locked the door and gone over to the next town, granting me more time with Kevin. Unfortunately the bright lit windows spoke otherwise.

"Thanks for the dinner." My voice sounded fine despite the disappointment that gnawed at my insides, "Good night, Kevin.".

"Good night, Alice." With that he spun around and began to walk away.

My chest constricted, a pang of emptiness taking the place of my heart as I turned towards my house.

"Actually." I stopped at the familiar voice that was awkfully closer than it should have.

Before I could even face the source, Kevin cupped my face in his hands and kissed me.

It was gentle and soft, his lips firmly pressed against mine as a warmth began to stir inside.

"Good night, Alice." He whispered against my lips this time.

I couldn't even manage to form words.