Falling Deeper (4u) (JeongCheol)💕

Jeonghan had been having a bad day – there was no sugar-coating it. Hed woken up on both the metaphorical and literal wrong side of the bed that morning, resulting in a crick in his neck that hadnt gone away despite the massages Seungcheol had offered earlier that day.

He could feel a headache pulsing at the back of his head, making all of his thoughts sluggish and his actions a few second slower than theyd usually be.

Jeonghan leaned forward, resting his head on the table. It provided some momentary relief, the cool surface drowning out his thoughts and replacing the dull pain with something just slightly more tolerable.

All of a sudden, a vibration brought him out of his temporary oasis. Jeonghan savoured the cold touch for a moment longer before leaning back and reaching for his phone.

Seungcheol 🖤

you okay angel?

come over to my room if u want

-Just a headache :(

Seungcheol 🖤

love u angel ❤ come over

At that, Jeonghans grin widened. It was three words and an emoji for Gods sake, but that by no means meant that they didnt have the ability to reduce Jeonghan to a blushing mess on even the worst of days. Today being a prime example of its impact.

Anyhow, he didnt want to let himself get distracted. Seungcheol had invited him over to his gaming room, and who was he to decline an offer? Slowly, Jeonghan pushed his chair back, inching out centimetre by centimetre so as not to further aggravate his pain. He let himself sit for a moment longer, motivating himself for the big move, before he finally stood up.

It was as if all the blood in his body had rushed to his head in the span of a millisecond.

Jeonghan held onto the desk, knuckles turning white with the pressure, and tried to steady himself.

Deep breaths, he said aloud to himself. In. Out. In. Out.

It took a few moments, but Jeonghan couldnt have been happier when his vision finally cleared up, no more dark spots and psychedelic patterns plaguing his surroundings. He seized the opportunity to finally begin his journey, taking some tentative steps away from his chair. Once he realised that he wasnt at imminent risk of falling over, he booked it for the door across the hallway.

Jeonghan swiftly twisted the doorknob but found that hed severely underestimated the force with which hed done so. Hed found solace in the little bit of coldness the door provided, and in his warped state, had leaned almost his entire body weight upon its surface.

What all that really meant was that once the door flung open, Jeonghan found himself shooting forward, the build-up of momentum projecting him across the room.

Angel! Seungcheol yelled out. The clunk of his headphones rang out as he lunged forward, grabbing Jeonghan around the shoulders before he hit the floor. He gently grasped around him, cradling him in his chest as he lowered the two of them onto the floor.

Baby, he whispered, stroking Jeonghans hair as he nestled further into his chest. Jeonghan let out a whimper in response. Oh no. Was he crying? As if on cue, Seungcheol felt a sudden wetness on his chest. m sorry, Jeonghan let out, voice muffled by the layers of clothing.

Shhh, baby, you have nothing to apologise for. Seungcheol internally cursed for not realising sooner just how much pain Jeonghan had been in the whole day. The pair sat on the floor for the next few minutes, Seungcheol still running a comforting hand through Jeonghans hair and across his back, while Jeonghan stayed slumped in his embrace.

Eventually, Jeonghans breathing evened out. He wasnt asleep just yet, but Seungcheol could tell that he was close.

Cmon Angel, do you wanna go to bed? he chided, making to move them into a standing position.

That seemed to wake Jeonghan up a little bit. What about your game?

Seungcheol let out a low chuckle. Typical Jeonghan to be more concerned about the game than his own wellbeing.

Ill just end the game. Therell be plenty more opportunities to game later. Seungcheol had thought that that would be the end of it, that Jeonghan would let him carry him to their bed, probably already asleep in his arms.

No, you cant do that! Your friends will be angry. Seungcheol frowned at that. After a moment, Jeonghan continued, I refuse to sleep if you end your game.

Now that worried Seungcheol. He wanted Jeonghan to go to bed, he really did, but he also didnt want to keep gameing while his lover was potentially in pain a room across. To be honest, he also just wanted to cuddle with Jeonghan.

Suddenly, a bright idea came to him. Why not combine both options?

Angel, I have a plan. Jeonghan mumbled incoherently in response, already slipping halfway into unconsciousness.

Seungcheol stood up slowly, bringing the younger man up with him. With a firm arm around his waist, he guided the two of them back over to his chair and sat down. He steadily brought down Jeonghan on top of him, the tired mans face resting on his shoulder, and his arms grasped tightly around his waist. Seungcheol felt a certain warmth spread over him at the proximity. God he really loved this man.

Jeonghan, in all his sleepy glory, seemed to share a similar sentiment. Mmmm, this is good, he muttered, eyes fluttering open for a second before his head fell back on Seungcheols shoulder as he nestled even more towards the crook of Seungcheols neck.

This is nice, Seungcheol thought. They should do this more often.

With a final kiss into Jeonghans hair, which Seungcheol was sure he actually purred at, Seungcheol pulled on his headset and unmuted.

Sorry guys, Im back now.