I'm All Ears (Seoksoo)💕

It happens on a warm summer morning in the middle of July.

The dip of the mattress is comforted by two intertwined bodies, Jisoo's arms wrapped around Seokmin's waist and Seokmin's feet tangled around Jisoo's legs. Jisoo's shirt shy away from his shoulder, and sunlight dips downward, encasing his skin in sticky warmth.

He wakes and finds himself smiling.

Bending down to plant a kiss against Seokmin's temple, he shimmies away from his hold, giggling to himself when he feels the way his husbands arms snake tighter around him, gripping and feeling for the span of his waist.

Hyung Seokmin mumbles, Hyung, come back to bed.

Jisoo smiles and leans forward, hovering his lips by Seokmin's ear. I have to go and meet Jeonghan and Jihoon today, remember?

Seokmin groans and tightens his grip. No.

How stubborn, Jisoo thinks, his fingers ghosting Seokmin's cheek and pushing a stray strand of his inky black hair away from his face. Ill be back in a few hours, sweetheart. You stay here in bed, hm? Ill just...Seokmin?

Seokmin's eye has shot open, his lips parting in obvious surprise. Jisoo blinks, leans back slightly, and frowns.

Seokmin? Are you okay?

Then Seokmin's arms snake away from Jisoo's waist, and he rolls all the way over till his back is facing him. He curls up at the edge of the bed, tucking himself into a tiny little ball. He shakes his head.

Hyung can go, he says, voice muffled by what Jisoo assumes are his hands. I'm still tired, ah. I think Ill sleep for a few more hours.

Well, all right.

Mm, Jisoo agrees, before wiggling on over to wrap his arms around Seokmin's waist and press his chest into his backside. He leans over his husbands side, his lips finding a sliver of his uncovered face, and he pressed a featherlight kiss to his skin.

He gasps and reels back. Seokmin! Youre burning up!

Seokmin makes a pained sound.

Are you sick? Jisoo continues. Seokmin! Why didnt you tell me that youre sick? Do you want me to go and get medicine for you? He thinks desperately back to the last time Seokmin had fallen ill, when the two had spent the night wrapped up in each others arms, reading stories. Ah...maybe I should cancel my plans and take care of you.

Ah—no no, Hyung, Im fine, says Seokmin quickly, peeking out from behind his palms till Jisoo can see his left eye. You go. Have fun at your tea party, Hyung, your Seokmin will wait patiently here for your return.

Jisoo frowns. Are you sure?

Positive, says Seokmin, this time accompanied with a quick nod of his head.

Okay, says Jisoo. Ill make it quicker this time. Ill see you soon, Seokmin.

Bye bye, Hyung.

✧✧✧

—and then he just. Jisoo makes a nebulous hand gesture. He just went silent, and he wouldnt meet my eyes when I asked him if he was okay.

Who the hell does he think he is, Jeonghan mutters, his fingers curling around his cup of tea tighter.

I think hes sick, says Jisoo, lips pursing in thought. He told me he isnt, but his face was all hot!

Jihoon, whos leaning back in his seat with his hands crossed over his chest, rolls his eyes before saying, Did you say something to him?

Jeonghan immediately turns on him, Are you implying that this is His Highness fault?

No, says Jihoon. I just asked him a question.