xiv

chapter; fourteen

act two; twilight - new moon

SEPTEMBER

     THIS WAS UNMISTAKABLY THE WORST MOVE IN ELEANOR'S LIFE. Growing up, Eleanor had her fair share of moving. They only stayed in one place, for 3 to 4 years if they were lucky. Or if an incident was to have occurred, like someone getting suspicious, they'd move again. No matter how long they've lived there. 

They caught onto people's suspicion - if there were any - thanks to Edward, as he had the gift of mind reading and never knew when to stop. Edward liked to think he could read people's minds, because we were sensitive to people, and was good at reading them. Like Jasper gained his gift, as he was a very empathetic person.

But Eleanor called bullshit, she came up with the theory that Edward was too nosy for his own good, and didn't know when to butt out, or when it was taken too far.

Edward had decided to travel alone for some time, whilst the family tried to start a new life. Eleanor rarely left her room, she couldn't cope with this anymore, and she had the rest of her life to cope with this. 

There was one thing Eleanor thinks she'll never be able to grasp. That one thing being why on earth Edward would force the whole family to uproot a stable life for another few years and force them to relocate, then abandon the family to wallow in his own self pity.

Eleanor thought if he wanted to be by himself anyways, why couldn't he let the family be in peace, and we'll create the alibi of him deciding to take a break and visit a bunch of family? But instead, he forced everyone to move and cut contact with anyone from their now old lives. The fact that he did that only added to Eleanor's bubbling rage about the situation.

At the start, her family tried to talk to her, until she blocked everyone out. She couldn't bare looking at her family at the moment. Looking at them made her remember what they made her do, and their memories back in force. It felt like the saying rubbing salt in the wound.