chapter 20

“I’m sorry, what?” Y/n asked in disbelief silently, hoping what she heard was her brain playing tricks on her. “If i help you find those older brats, I get to see my kids in return” Tengen repeated, using this moment to his advantage. He didn’t like the idea of using Y/n but as of right now this was the only way he could think of in terms of taking the first step of being in his kids life and getting Y/n back. The female in question was however pissed off, but even saying pissed off is a massive understatement. ‘Is he seriously trying to bribe me right now! After all the bullshit he put me, no my kids through, he has the audacity to try and bribe me?!’

      Fuming she looked at the man she once happily called her husband before spitting out “Are you trying to bribe me?! Are you kidding me right now! I’m asking you to see if the kids under my care, MY CHILDREN, are ok. And all you have to say is UNDER ONE CONDITION!”

      “Y/n I-” Tengen started only to be silenced from the glare sent his way. “You're so lucky I have no one else to turn for this job. You get ONE visit and only you, not you and your wives. Don’t even think about trying to get more. I'm being more than gracious for even allowing you ONE visit.”

      “I’ll start digging around today. Do they have any distinctive features?” Tengen asked grateful his plan worked out even if it’s not exactly how he wanted it to go “Yes one wears a boar head, the other has bright yellow hair and tends to scream a lot, and the last one is my adoptive son, he has a scar on his forehead.” After Y/n described them, she turned around, ready to leave before a hand reached out, grabbing her, making her stop in her tracks. “let go”

     “No, I want to talk to you” “If it’s not about finding my kids, then i don't want to hear from you. Why can't you just leave me alone?!” Tengen took a deep breath hearing how desperate Y/n sounded but nonetheless continued talking “Because I learned you once, and I'm not gonna lose you again!” “That's the Problem Tengen! There shouldn't have been a first time! You did this, all of this if you would've just listened we could've been a happy family” Y/n could feel the tears building up in her eyes but she blinked them down before turning away.

      “I still love you…” Tengen mumbled, but he could tell Y/n still heard it as her whole body went stiff. “please-” Tegen stated, hoping to get through Y/n. “JUST SHUT UP! please just shut up…” Y/n yelled before her voice gave out. Not wanting to stay here any longer, she began walking away, ignoring her ex lover calling behind her.

      ‘Why, why did you have to say that” she thought, hearing his words ring throughout her head as the road in front of her slowly got more and more blurry the farther she walked. ‘I still love you… What bullshit I won't. No, I can't believe this! What did he think I was just gonna run back to him and the girls?! Things can't magically go back to the way it was!” Taking a deep breath, Y/n could feel herself slowly going from sad and angry before she couldn't help the tears no longer threatening escape but now running down her face.

      As much as Y/n would like to deny, she knew her heart sped up hearing his words, but that doesn't mean she's going back to him. Especially anytime soon.

     ‘how joyful today has been’ Y/n thought sarcastically to herself before wiping her tears trying not to think about the man who hasn't left his previous spot still staring at where she previously was.