Chapter 22

Merissa yelled at me. She tried to stop me. But when we returned to the city wall with the sun almost parallel to the land, I separated from her. She wanted to bring the Veritas stone to Dawn One. Have the director check up on it. She must be kidding if she was thinking to give the tablet to the director. Vartwild wouldn't care for it. The stone was still ours. Dad either had the singular piece or both pieces before the fire. I asked her how she even knew the name of the tablet. Did dad written it for her? But she told me she had some assistance. She didn't clarify it. Was this Gideon figure a person that assisted her? My sister had been a closed book since I discovered her.

Honestly, I don't know if she wants to discuss it.

The only person who could help me with this tablet, the potential it can bring and as well the danger. Especially trying to find out what this map leads to is Emmet. Without my sister's permission, I head back to Arcane. I park the Dawning-issued cycle behind the bookstore, near the dumpster boxes. I then race to open the backdoor. Once inside, I head straight to the storage door. Using the crystal key, I walk through the storage room and downstairs to the Basement's foyer.

Looking around, I yell for Emmet and even for everyone else. And then like that, they approach me. I smile to see them again. I suddenly place the satchel bag on the top of the table. On top of the same surface The Orre's body burned to ashes. I grab the stone out of the bag and tell Emmet, Terra, and the others that I finally found the other half-stone piece.

"We united both...into this." Showing them the single slab-like tablet, I tell them. "This is the Veritas stone."

Emmet looks in wonder. I pass over the tablet to him, as he observes it with his eyes. I glare at Terra coming close to my right side. Silas and Icarus both lean their heads forward staring at the lines. Camille just stands back maybe not caring. However, I'm surprised when she's the first one to break the weird silence.

"So what it does."

Guess this is the first step in trusting her, either way I reply to her. "It's a map. I don't know why, but it will lead us to the Triadic."

Merissa and I are destined to do this. I let them know the Triadic could give me the answers I want. Staring at Terra, I thought she would be intrigued. But she looks worried.

"I'm unsure how safe this Triadic is, we don't even know what it is."

Finding this object, it can restore my sanity. Restore what's taken from me. But Terra is correct in so many levels. Even if this is our path to find the Triadic, I don't even know what it is. I see Emmet still holding on to it. He tells me something interesting.

"Naven, if you want to. Can you let me hold onto the tablet? I want to study a bit more."

He wants my permission to let him do it. Odd, this is the first time Emmet asks me of a favor. Yet the times he helped me before, taking me out of the Level 8 cell, helping me find Anita, and giving me a place to work. He's been that father-figure I didn't need. Overall I should appreciate him and not how he handled those situations. I know Merissa going to be upset, yet she's not here. She doesn't want them to help out, but I want them to.

"Yes." I answer.

Emmet smiles and lets me know, he got some tools to help him with his studying. He promises me he will give it back once he knows what this stone could bring. The more it leads us to the Triadic. So as he heads out to the hallway, Terra nods at me. She doesn't say a sound and runs to Emmet. I wonder if she wants to help with his studying. Then I see the others heading to the exercise room, probably continuing their daily training. I want to head to see Merissa, but I decide to head to the area where The Orre used to sit. Doing what he did at the corner.