Chapter 12: Edgar

"Looks like you've caused quite a commotion (Y/n)." Edgar said walking towards us, his green eyes looked on fire behind his round silver glasses. His usually neat hair was slightly messy, a few strands falling across his forehead and onto his glasses.

"How'd you get here?" I asked him, thinking about the guards that should've stopped him from entering the prison.

"Worried about the guards? Don't worry I didn't kill them...I'm not you." He told me, his eyes darting quickly between me, Vaughn, and Grace.

"you...you?" Grace said, my magical eye turned to the side of my head, I saw that she was shaking violently.

"Grace. Sorry." Edgar said, and he sounded truly sorry. "But I had to make sure you didn't case any more damage."

"You sent her here as well?" Vaughn asked in surprise. "You sent a child to prison? Do you not have a heart?"

"You murdered over a dozen innocent people, don't even start." Edgar told him calmly, before he turned to face me. "I'll give you one more chance, set down your wand and come with me."

"Yeah, fat chance of that." I told him, watching him with one eye, my magical eye swiveling to the back of my head, on the other side of the door behind us was a crowd of dementors, they must've sucked the souls of anyone who'd gotten trapped behind it.

"I see, it's a shame then." Edgar said, stopping twenty feet away from us, his cool calculating eyes watching the three of us. "I guess it'll have to be the hard way, whenever you're ready (Y/n)."

"What you expect me to duel you?" I asked him.

"No, I'm giving you the opportunity to fight, if you want to, either way you'll be coming with me." Edgar told me.

"Screw this." Vaughn muttered, sprinting towards Edgar. With a lazy flick of his hand Vaughn was picked up off the ground and was thrown into the wall behind us, where we slumped down unconscious.

My magical eye turned rapidly to Grace, she was still shaking violently, wide eyed with fear.

"Get behind me Grace." I told her, stepping in front of her, raising my wand.

"You're move (Y/n)" Edgar said watching me.

It's the only way, we're going to have to fight him...look I'll be honest (Y/n), I don't think we can beat him. Just keep him busy, I'll try to think of a plan.

"What's your problem Edgar?" I asked him trying to keep him talking, my wand still raised.

"Clock's ticking (Y/n), either make a move or I will." Edgar told me.

I was torn on what to do, after a moment in thought I sent a curse towards Edgar, who easily deflected it with his hand, rapidly sending a jet of red towards me, which I deflected.

I sent another curse towards Edgar, who dodged out of the way, conjuring a ball of fire in his hand, shooting it towards me.

I magically caught it in the air, hovered it at the tip of my wand, and sent it back at Edgar, changing it into a giant flaming snake. It opened its mouth and engulfed Edgar.

For a moment I smiled with glee, but to my surprise the serpent burst apart, and Edgar stood unscathed.

"Fire? Really? Your old man tried that many times, never worked once." Edgar told him, before sending a barrage of spells towards me.

In the split second I had to react, I pushed Grace from behind me and out of the way, as I was lifted off the ground and slammed into the ground.

Pain radiated through my body as I lay on the ground, struggling to catch my breath. "Don't feel too bad (Y/n), stronger witches and wizards didn't last this long."