𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

My body was lying motionless in my bed, underneath the grey floral comforter that was my only source of warmth from standing out in the coldness of my backyard, unable to move for a long moment before finally gaining the strength to go inside the house, passing the empty paved driveway, and go inside to depart to my bedroom to continue letting tears flood down my face and stain my cheeks with mascara.

I couldn't say how long I wept, or how long I was alone in the house. However, I did remember hearing the sound of a grating vehicle driving up and parking outside the house.

I assumed it had to be Bella arriving home from the supermarket, as nobody's truck or car was as raspy as hers.

Despite questioning whether or not she was also informed of the news of the Cullens moving, or if she was just as disheartened as I was, the exhaustion from endlessly crying and the harsh pounding inside my head took over me, sending me into an enforced deep slumber I truthfully didn't want to come out of.

Sometime later in the day, I was awoken from my door bursting open.

I jolted awake, my head was still aching, and saw Charlie standing in my doorway, seemingly in a panic.

"Scarlett, have you seen your sister?" Charlie asked hastily.

Confused, I tiredly sat up out of bed and I rubbed my eyes warily, getting black stains of mascara over my knuckles.

"No, why?" I asked with a yawn.

"Her truck is parked in the driveway, but she's nowhere to be found." He informed me.

Throughout the excessive sorrow and numbness I felt, I instantly grew panicked hearing this.

"What do you mean?" I inquired. "Is she nowhere in the house or outside?"

"No, I can't find her anywhere," he answered worriedly. "And she won't answer her phone."

My anxiety increased, as my heart began to pound madly, wondering where she could've been.

"Did she mention going anywhere today after school?" He questioned.

"She only said she was going grocery shopping, but said she'd be home after that," I revealed.

"Well, there were a few full bags of groceries still sitting in the passenger seat of her truck," he uttered.

"But no sign of Bella?"

"No."

Amid the sudden apprehension, I tried scanning my mind, attempting to remember anything she could've said to me that day that could potentially be related. Alas, I couldn't think of anything besides the grocery store — we barely spoke much that day.

That's when my mind went straight back to Alice, reminding me of the agonizing dread I felt earlier from her passage, which is when I thought of Edward.