𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

As the two cloaked figures surfaced from the shadows, my body began trembling, fearful of who they were and what they could possibly want.

The two individuals pushed their hoods back off their heads, revealing their sharp, masculine faces that were white as snow.

One of the men was towering in height, thickly built in size similar to Emmett, with smooth dark hair cropped short. The other man walking by his side was leaner, also significantly tall in height but much shorter and smaller compared to the other, with frosty dirty blonde hair spiked up elegantly.

"I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen," Edward calmly said to them.

"Aro wishes to speak with you again." The taller, bulky man said with a smooth, deeper voice.

"No rules were broken, Felix," Edward responded stiffly.

"Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue." The shorter, light-haired man addressed menacingly. "Alice is welcome to join you."

My disquited eyes flickered to Alice in front of me, as Edward glanced warily at her by his side before returning his stare back to the two men.

"Very well," Edward agreed dryly. "Bella, why don't you go with your sister to enjoy the rest of the festival?"

"The girls come with us." The dark-haired man, presumably Felix, ordered.

My heart began pounding anxiously.

"Not on your life — you can go to hell." Edward sternly remarked.

"Let's be reasonable, gentlemen," Alice asserted, keeping her voice civil. "There's a festival ongoing — we wouldn't want to make a scene, would you?"

"Of course not." Felix nodded once, eyeing down Alice.

My eyes widened as I noticed a third figure turn a corner from down the shadowy hall and begin gracefully approaching our way.

"Enough."

A young, gentle, yet commanding voice spoke out from the shadows, directing our attention to look over towards the center of the hall.

The third shadow emerged, letting the hood of her dark cloak fall behind her head, revealing pinned-up golden hair held in a styled, braided updo.

Her youthful, colorless face was sculpted like an angel, with a height significantly shorter than Alice's five-foot-four stature, and deep burgundy eyes that resembled that of the two cloaked men's irises.

The atmosphere seemed to tense the moment she approached us, perplexing me as to why the reaction to her presence by the others seemed more wary and unnerved.

"Jane," Edward whispered cautiously with recognition.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." The young girl said, glancing coldly at each of us with an intimidating glare. "Follow me."