𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Another dull weekend rolled around, another weekend with a lack of distractions that could keep my brain from ruminating on the one thing I didn't want to keep plaguing my mind.

That morning, I foolishly found myself on my email again on my laptop, typing away another message to Alice. 

I knew she wouldn't answer at that point, especially if she hadn't replied to the other ones I've sent, which had all failed to be received upon sending anyway, though it felt like my only way of feeling close to her.

If I didn't have a nightmare with her in it, I had no other way of feeling like she was still there, and that she did exist in my life. The drawings on my walls that she made for me didn't affect me anymore, saddening me that they no longer made me feel something. I even found myself looking at the one photograph I had of us less and less during the month — a photo I usually always found difficult to look away from.

The anger I had stored inside me was still there, though less evident. The more presiding sensation I began feeling throughout my body and mind was depression.

That strong emotion had always been present ever since Alice left, though, because the feeling of rage and betrayal was stronger than the sorrow I felt, I didn't feel it as much at first.

I missed her and still did. I loved her and still did. Yet, I was so angry with the way I was left by her, that I didn't let myself grieve properly over her departure at first, or feel any great forms of despair that were noticeable to me.

Now, in the cold month of January, four months later, it was all of a sudden hitting me harder than before. As if the current I was still trapped in was lapping me further underneath the waves, bringing me farther down to where the feeling of anger towards Alice was no longer a concern of mine — I was now concerned with how deep I was sinking into this depression.

I still managed to mask the emotions well, in my opinion. Only Bella could tell how I was really feeling underneath the mask, but everyone else seemed to never notice somehow.

Within the depression, also came a feeling of numbness. This took longer for my body to feel as time continued ticking, though I knew without the emotional numbness, the pain of missing Alice would feel stronger, more powerful.

I could only pray the numbness would not wear off anytime soon.

That morning, I was also awoken by Bella's blood-curdling screams again. This occurred anytime she was having a nightmare, which she had been having almost every night since September.

It scared me and Charlie at first, as we would both run into her room nearly every night to wake her up. I would stay back to try and comfort her while Charlie went back to bed, though I knew I wasn't much help and could only do so much.