𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

A week passed by, and it was finally spring break.

Spring break in Forks luckily consisted of two whole weeks away from school, homework assignments, and anything academic-related.

Most students we went to school with would likely spend their spring breaks away on vacations to the Bahamas, Florida, or anywhere else that didn't feel like Forks — cold and gloomy.

However, my and Bella's spring break would be spent as much as possible in La Push, where we felt safer and could be guarded by Dakota and the others in her pack from Victoria.

Charlie, of course, found it odd how often we wanted to be in La Push when we weren't in school and when it wasn't nighttime, though I'm sure he knew it was better than us moping around like zombies at home all day with nothing to do and nobody to socialize with.

Furthermore, Charlie began spending more of his free time in La Push at the Black's residence with Billy when he wasn't patrolling or hunting with rangers for Dakota and the other wolves — unbeknownst to him.

The two men would stay distracted watching baseball on Billy's old TV in the living room, with Charlie under the impression that Bella was hanging out with Jacob at the beach and I was with Dakota at Emily's place.

This truth was supposed to be accurate, but Dakota and Jacob were normally too occupied with other things — those things being on high alert for Victoria with a few of the other pack members.

When Dakota and Jake were gone out hunting, Bella and I would wander through First Beach alone, passing by a few occasional beachgoers who would visit the beach on warmer days in the week.

Luckily, Paul and Jared would guard the outer perimeter of the beach while the others hunted if Bella and I were left alone there, just in case.

During the times when Dakota and Jacob could take breaks in between hunting and let other pack members fill in for their temporary absence, Dakota and I would walk along the beach to talk and spend as much time together as we could before she had to get back to hunting — a time I dreaded.

I always felt lonely when she had to go, despite knowing it had to do with keeping me and my close family safe. Her warm presence and company were something I seemed to always crave now, and never wanted to be far from.

Not only was I afraid to be away from her even for a second — knowing Victoria could potentially strike anytime I was left alone for a short time — but I always felt a sense of emptiness when she was away.

As if I could only feel whole and secure when she was near.

Spring break started the Friday following the eventful, unexpected day in La Push that occurred the previous weekend — the day I found out about Dakota being a shape-shifting werewolf.