𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Anger and confusion had swept over me once more, though it hadn't transpired from Alice's absence this time.

Ever since Dakota and I's quarrel that happened two weeks ago, all I could feel in the midst of her absence was resentment and loneliness.

Resentment, because the way she spoke to me about Alice and the sudden lack of support and care she had for me and the heartache I bore truly hurt me, especially since she had promised me before that she'd never let me down or hurt me the way that Alice did — unintentionally, at that.

Yet, she somehow managed to hurt me in a far more harsh way than Alice ever did, and seemingly with no sense of concern for how it would make me feel.

Loneliness, because I now felt like I had lost the most incredible friend I had ever had — it felt like I had no one left who cared for me the way she did.

If I still didn't have Bella or Charlie, I knew that exaggeration would be factual, though losing Dakota as my best friend only made the huge gaping hole in my chest expand.

She was the only one who had brought any form of light back into my life that I had lost with Alice's departure, and despite the irritability I had for at the moment from the way she was to me the last time I saw her, I still badly missed her and wished more than anything that we hadn't argued — that she hadn't angrily ordered me to leave with no hesitation.

I longed for us to be on good terms again. I wanted nothing more than to see her happy, infectious smile again, hear her bright laughter that was practically music to my ears, and feel her warm, firm embrace around my body again from one of her comforting hugs.

I didn't want to miss all those things, especially from someone who, in my eyes, no longer deserved my energy or care. Yet, I still did, and secretly hoped she would call at some point to possibly apologize and explain the uncivil attitude that erupted from her that day — all while I still felt upset with her.

On top of that, it didn't take long for Charlie to discover how my visit went with Dakota when I drove over there after I told him I wouldn't be there long. However, I should've known by the way that Billy glared at me through the window of his house that he would be sure to inform Charlie of the argument she and I had.

Luckily, nothing of Alice was told to him. All Charlie knew was that me and Dakota got into a disagreement outside, causing me to leave and go back home — that was it.

Despite not wanting Charlie to worry about me regarding that matter, it did feel nice to not have to mask the emotions I had from it and pretend the argument didn't affect me. He knew how close Dakota and I were at that point, and knew she was the only reason I started enjoying my life again after Alice and her family left.

He knew it was the same case for Bella, and that if it weren't for Jacob being in her life, she would still be a lifeless zombie with no ambition or hope left in her.