All I Want Is My Family

"I feel like my feet are about to fall off my body" Celina spoke, utterly exhausted.

The shift had been long, the last call of what was supposed to be the end of Lucy's shift needing all hands on deck. Police chiefs were there, and everyone who could help did. And of course, the first team on route would have to head back to the station to debrief.

Lucy didn't believe she could wait much longer before the need to see her husband and her children grew, well Tamara is more like a sister but she's still a child in Lucy's eyes.

"I need to see my family" was the first thing Lucy said when walking into the roll call room. Becoming a detective was one of the best decisions she made. She was able to spend more time with her son, and work on the most challenging cases alongside Angela and Nyla.

She stopped working undercover when she became pregnant with Theo who is now 9 months, making the decision to stick to solving cases instead of going under. It was a hard decision to make because while she loved it, her family always came first, especially now that she had a baby of her own.

She became pregnant 6 months after their wedding, where she surprised Tim by taking his last name. To say he was a little emotional was an understatement. He cried for what felt like hours when she broke the news that she would take his name, and he cried even harder with the news that she was pregnant. Of course, there was doubt on both ends...Tim didn't want to be like his abusive father and Lucy didn't want to be overbearing and manipulative like her mother. With lots of love, however, they were able to overcome their doubts and count every blessing that came with bringing their baby boy into this world. Tim showered her with love, becoming even more protective than he already was. He never complained when she woke him up at 2 am because she was craving something specific, nor did he complain in the delivery room when she yelled at him multiple times for "knocking her up". Watching her become a mother was incredibly special, and he wouldn't give it up for anything.

"We'll try to get you out of here as quickly as possible. We just need to briefly discuss what was found at the scene and then you can go home" spoke Grey from where he stood.

As if the universe could tell Tim they were discussing him and the family, she received a text from him.

Theo just had his bath, kind of cranky. Think he's just missing his mommy right now

With a picture attached of their little boy, in his pajamas, with tear-filled eyes, and his bottle. Before she even realized it she was pouting and cooing over her baby.

Awh, mommy misses her baby boy soooo much. I'm surprised he's still awake, it's almost 10 pm. I'll be home as soon as possible, I love you both.

Putting her phone away, she listened as Grey and the team began to break down the scene, giving her own input where it was necessary.

"Everyone head home, I know it has been a long night. We will catch up on the paperwork tomorrow. Angela, Nyla, and Lucy...sleep in a bit will ya, I don't want to see you in my station until noon at the latest. You guys were there far longer than the rest of us" said Grey before dismissing them all.

She was extremely grateful for the grace Grey was giving them because if she were honest it would be a struggle for her to get up at her normal time tomorrow. Tim also had the day off tomorrow which meant she would be able to stay with him and Theo for a little longer than usual.

Driving home felt like a breeze, there seemed to be a lot less traffic. Unlocking their house door, she tried to be quiet in case Theo had fallen asleep, but by the sound of crying and hushed whispers, she was able to tell that he was still awake.

They usually had him on a schedule but nights like these where Lucy was stuck at a scene later than normal, meant Theo usually got thrown off of schedule. She would be there to feed him, bathe him with Tim, and then rock him to sleep. However, tonight he was bathed by daddy only, received a bottle, and was quite obviously not asleep.

Peeking her head into their bedroom, she found Tim pacing back and forth with a very tired and crying Theo in his arms.

"Hey, I'm home"

Immediately Tim spun around to face her, barely keeping Theo from hitting the floor as he reached for her.

"Ohh, hi my baby. Mommy missed you so much, my love"

"I got him to take the bottle, but he wouldn't rest at all. It's almost like he could sense that you would be home soon"
Nodding, she leaned up to place a kiss on his lips before moving to Theo's bedroom. Sitting in the rocking chair, she began to hum a song, hoping that he would soon fall asleep.

After 20 minutes of rocking him and speaking softly, Theo was finally asleep, clinging tightly to the bear Tim bought him not long ago that smelled exactly like her (courtesy of Tamara spraying her perfume on it one day when he wouldn't stop crying after she left for work).

Placing him in his crib, she turned on his white noise machine, checked that the baby monitor was on, and shut his bedroom door.

Making her way back into the bedroom, she began to get ready for a nice hot shower when Tim entered the room. "I'm glad you made it home baby," he said before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Me too, I'm so tired"

"I'll start your shower and get the tea kettle ready...also I forgot to mention Grey texted me to let me know he gave you extra time to sleep in the morning"

Rolling her eyes, she laughed before walking into the bathroom. Of course Grey had texted her husband to make sure she actually stayed home for the night. To say her shower was longer than usual would be an understatement. She took her time washing her hair, conditioning, and washing her body before just standing and letting the water rush over her body. Usually after very long nights or cases Tim would take some time to make her some tea, and she would take long showers before diving into her self-care for the night. It definitely helped when they had Theo that they built a schedule for his bedtime. Luckily, their boy was very easy to coax into going to bed at a specific time, of course, unless one of his parents wasn't home in the time frame that they usually went to bed.

By the time she had gotten out the shower and did her self-care, Tim had placed her tea on her bedside table and put warm pajamas on the bed.

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me. I'm your husband, I'm supposed to take care of you like this"

"I know but I still want to thank you. I can't wait to spend more time with you and Theo in the morning"

"I am too"

Placing a long kiss on his lips, she moved to drink the rest of her now warm tea before laying down beside him.

Cuddling up, she placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes. His heartbeat lulling her to sleep after only a few minutes.

"Goodnight baby, I love you" whispered Tim before closing his own eyes and falling asleep to the scent of her shampoo.

Fin.

Notes
hi everyone! i haven't updated in a few months so i hope i haven't lost my touch. don't worry i have written all your recommendations down from my other fics and i will try to get them done. if you have any more suggestions feel free to leave them here or contact me @chxnsluvr on Instagram and Twitter!