Chapter Thirty-One

Ryder

I tried to call Erin twice after she hung up on me but she wouldn't pick up. God, I was so stupid. I made such a huge mistake.

I whirled around and flung my phone at the wall. I couldn't control my emotions. They all hit me at once: anger, regret, sadness.

I sunk to the floor and yelled. When I had enough strength to stand, I went into the kitchen to locate my landline. I punched in the number and let the phone ring.

"Hello?" I heard the voice on the other end.

Tears welled in my eyes as I was overcome with emotions again. "Chris," My voice cracked. "Chris, I need help. Please."

"Okay okay. Stay calm, Ryder." he said calmly. "I'm on my way. Don't leave the house. I'll be there in ten minutes."

I slammed the phone on the counter and went to my bedroom. I fell on my bed and curled in a ball.

Not long after, I heard the front door open. "Ryder! Ryder where are you?"

I slowly uncurled and made my way downstairs.

Chris emerged from the kitchen with my pill bottle in his hand. "Why are there so many left?" he demanded. "You should be almost out. There's nearly a whole bottle here!" I shoved my hands in my pockets. Chris unscrewed the cap and held out the bottle to me. "Take it." he commanded.

I suddenly became enraged. I lashed out and knocked the pill bottle from his hand. The little white pills went flying in all directions. "I'm done having those stupid pills suppress every emotion I can feel!" I screamed. "I would rather be messed up than be emotionless. I know you changed my pills." I said getting in his face. "I got too out of control, huh? So you decided to bump my meds to suppress everything. F*** you, Chris."

Chris looked taken aback. "Excuse me."

"Get out of my house." I followed Chris to the door and slammed it closed behind him. Man, did it feel good.

I didn't even bother to clean up the spilled pills and went straight to bed.

Sorry about the little strong language reference but I'm not gonna substitute what a character would say because of young minds. Just wanted to say that.

Anyway! There is one chapter after this and then the epilogue! And lucky for you guys it'll all be posted by tonight! So yes, sadly, But Why Not will be ending tonight.

The next chapter should be up within the next hour and the epilogue shortly there after!

Avery