Chapter Two

Game Day

"Alright ladies I want to start off this season with a win." Coach told us. "Can you do that for me?"

"Yes, Coach!" we screamed in unison.

"I'll see you girls out there. Erin, get your team pumped up."

I stood from my place on the bench.

"Who are we ?" I asked as I turned looking at my teammates.

"The Trojans!"

"And what are we gonna do?"

"Win!"

"And how are we gonna do it?"

"Play hard!"

"Play hard?"

"Play Hard!" They screamed louder.

"Alright, bring it in ladies." They all stood up and gathered around me. "Let's go Trojans!"

We jogged out of the locker room and out onto the field. Our opponents were already warming up.

I glanced up to the stands and saw my dad, mom, and Zach. When Zach saw me looking, he stood up and showed me he had his shirt on.

I grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

My team and I warmed up until the referee blew the whistle for us to go to our benches.

I grabbed my gloves and jogged out to our goal. I glanced up into the stands once more and saw someone I never expected. Ryder sat alone in the far corner of the bleachers. He nodded at me.

I got butterflies in my stomach. Was he here to watch me?

I shook the thought from my head and focused on the game.

We won 3-1.

I gathered my things from the bench and pulled on my warm up pants.

As I trudged off the field to meet my parents and Zach, someone grabbed my arm. I whirled around and came face to face with a smirking Ryder.

"Great game, Knight. You're one hell of a goalie."

I smiled back. "Thanks. That wasn't one of my best games but thanks."

"That dive you made was amazing!" He sounded so excited. It was kind of cute.

"Erin!" I heard Zach call to me.

I looked over and saw Zach waving at me looking anxious.

"You should go. Don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting."

"Oh. No. Zach isn't my boyfriend. We've been best friends practically since we were born."

"Erin!" Zach called louder this time.

I groaned. "I should go."

"I'll see you around, Knight." he smiled and turned to walk away.

I jogged over to Zach. "You, need to chill."

He took my bag from me, "Why were you talking to Ryder?" he hissed as we walked towards his car.

"We were just talking about soccer, Zach."

"You need to stay away from him, Erin. He's not a great guy."

I stopped walking. "Are you telling who to hang out with?"

"No." he backpedaled. "It's just, I know the guy and believe me, he's bad. Ask your dad, he's probably arrested him before! Just don't get mixed in with him and his friends. Okay?"

I sighed. "Whatever."

You guys, I'm afraid this book isn't going to be as good as The Boy At My Window. Like, the sequels are never as good as the original. I'm just not sure...

Just let me know how you guys like it or don't... And if enough people aren't liking it so far. I may start from scratch.

Enjoy this chapter

Avery