Rookie

Today was the day I took training very seriously. I needed to show Levi's father that I was worth managing, and in order to do that, he wants me to fight against another girl, who I know nothing about and is also registered for the tournament. He said whoever he thinks is the better fighter, he'll manage in the tournament. "I need to train, but I don't want to train at the gym here in town. I need to go where I'm cormfortable, familiar with everything." I tell Levi. 

"Okay, so we'll just go to a different gym. Where did you have in mind?" he asks.

"This boxing gym back in Eastside. I've trained there my whole career, and it's like home to me. I can be myself there, and everyone knows me, so when I train, I won't put on a show for everyone, and I won't get destracted." I tell him. It was true. Everytime I did a combo, everyone person in there would video record me and take pictures. It was hard to concentrate, and I wouldn't me able to focus on the bag, and instead on the flashing lights. If I went back to the gym at Eastside, then I would actually get stuff done.

"Back at Eastside? Ronnie, that's kind of far to just train." he says. Part of me knows he's right, but I know he's never been to Eastside before, so he's probably nervous and doesn't want to go.

"Is that because you're scared?" I tease him. He gives me a look that just says me-scared?-now-way.

"Scared of what?" he plays. 

"That a rich kid in a safe town is now going to a ghetto town full of ghetto people." I say. He gives me a very heart stopping smirk and walks towards me. He wraps his arms around my waist and looked down at me.

"Not when I have a beautiful badass there to protect me." he says. He leans down and kisses me. I kiss him back, our lips moving in the same rhythm. He pulls back to quickly close his bedroom door. Even though his family were still out of town, we couldn't take any chances if his sister  walked in on us making out. He held his hands low on my hips and I had one arm wrapped around his shoulder, and the other hand ran through his soft auburn hair. He leaned into the kiss, picking my up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he turned around, carrying me to the wall where his held me. 

He moved his lips to my neck, leaving little love bites and sweet kisses. Sighs of plesure escaped my lips and I leaned my head down, kissing his ear while he took me away from the wall. He put me down, but he didn't pull away. He pins me against the wall again and kisses me more and more. I surprise him when I gently bite and pull on his bottom lip.

"Oh wow!" he said as I caught him off gaurd. Eventually we had to stop if I wanted to get to training. "We need to do this again sometime." he says. He still has me against the wall while saying this. 

"Yeah. We do." I say.

"Levi, welcome to Eastside!" I say. We just passed the sign that says "Welcome To Eastide Valley. Home of the Hard Working."  I was calm and leaning back in the driver's seat , while Levi was leaning forward, looking out the window at all the run down, broken, old houses and apartments we pass. I take a left at the high school. The old marque with it's flimsy, plastic letters spell out "We Will Miss You Seniors!" like it does every year around graduation. I wonder if Lucy and Carlos are graduating. I remember Carlos alwys just barely passing in order to move to the next grade, and Lucy was always playing hookie. "That's my old high school." I inform Levi as I point towards the old brick building with a large face of a cartoon raccoon with a badit's mask covering it's eyes. Yes, the irony in my old high school's mascot. The Eastside Valley Bandits. 

"Wow, it's a lot smaller than I was picturing." he says, looking at the school. 

"That's 'cause you're used to big things. Eastside is pretty small." I say. After we pass the school, be drive by a few houses and eventually come into town. I park right outside the gym, wich was next door to the barber shop. It's red a white stripped pole spinning, the "OPEN" sign flashing neon red and blue. I guess Mr. Martinez saw me, because as soon as my car door closed, he walks outside to greet me.