Over For Dinner?

It was around seven-thirty at night when Vict--I mean my dad knocked on my doorframe. I was trying to complete my Physics homework, but I had no freaking clue what I was doing. "So, Ronnie. I was just wondering. That boy, you hang out with, is he your, you know. . .boyfriend?" he asks. The way he asks it is like if he needed to know if I needed tampons or anything. 

"Um. . .yea." I say. Why all of a sudden did he want to know?

"Okay, well then makes it easier. So I was thinking, and this is just a thought. If we want to really make this work with the whole parent-child-bonding thing, I'd like to be a responsible dad for once in my life, and invite him over to dinner tomorrow, so I can meet him." he suggests. I sit there on my bed, frozen at the thought of Levy and Victor in the same room. I mean, it is a good idea for him to get to know me and Levy better. It allows him to really connect with us. Knowing Levy, he will easily make a good impression.

"Didn't you already meet him? You know, at the cemetery?" I ask. 

"Yes, but he only said he was a friend, and that it would really mean a lot to you if I went. And me being the guy who screwed up, I listened. He said 'My name is Levy, I'm a friend of Ronnie's. I understand that it's you late mother's birthday today?' and the rest is pretty easy to figure out. I really want to meet the guy that had enough courage to bring me there, and the kind of guy that would go out of his way to a dead lady's birthday for my daughter. Besides, I need to know if he's really worth your time." he explains. I honestly thought I would feel like a normal girl, and get mad at her dad because he doesn't think her boyfriend is worthy of her time. But I was mad. I was actually. . .happy. Victor was trying, and so was I. He really cares enough to do this, so why the hell should I stop him?

"I think it's a great idea." I say. His eyebrows raise like he's surprised.

"Really? You're not mad or offened?" he asked. I just shook my head no.

"No, not really. I think it's a great idea. And you're right, a normal dad would do this kind of thing." I say. He nodds and leaves my room. I grab my phone to text Levy, but as I unlock it, Levy's picture pops up on the screen. I smile as I answer it. "Hey."

"Hey, so I have this problem." he says. By the way his voice sounds, I can tell he's trying to be flirty.

"Oh really now? What kind of problem?" I play along. I stand off my bed and walk out onto my balcony, facing Levy on his balcony across the street. It's been only a few weeks since we agreed to date, and I already miss his room. And don't be dirty, I mean like the it looks, how it feels. Cozy and relaxing, yet cool and up-beat.

"There's this girl across the street from me, she's wickid gorgeous, and she keeps distracting me." he says.

"How is she distracting you exactly?"

"Well for starters, she's beautiful, and when she gets sleepy, she plays with her hair and it's kind of adorable. Every time I see her smile, she uses her whole face. Her eyes always light up and her laugh is kind of loud but that's okay, because it means that she's having fun. I honestly don't know how much longer I can take it." he says. Now I really am smiling with my whole face and looking straight at him. I'm leaning on my forearms on the balcony, feeling the wind blow my hair on my bare arms. 

"Well then get you happy ass over here and find out." I say. I honestly never said anything like that before. I've never been the "sexy and flirty" type of girl, so even I was surprised. I could just hear the smile on his face.

"I'll be right over." he says. I turn and go back into my room. I frantically clean up my bed and attempt to "fix" my hair in the mirror when I hear a soft knock on my window. I turn around and see Levy standing there smiling. I walk over and let him in.