Part 5

"Who the hell are you two then?" Asked one of the five.

He had a forward expression which was steady and clearly driving him like the advance of a heavy truck. Small dark moles trailed along his neck and face as if ink had bled through paper. His eyes darted back and forth between one boy with tattoos covering his arms and another with inky black hair. Instantly I could tell he was lightly nervous. Fame has gotten the better of him. I assume by the instant reaction of putting up walls around himself he finds it difficult to trust people . The most likely reason is that fact that a girl or friend has used him for his fame and  status. He's damaged . He's hurting. Just like me.

Before me or Imogen could answer another of the boys with sandy blonde hair Commented towards him ," Christ Liam they've only just got through the door."

His Irish accent hugged the room in an unexpected way. He seemed more calm and conscious to  all the others. His manner seemed comforting yet direct. He was harder to read but not impossible. The sandy hair was clearly bleached, for a long time I presume. Either he's self conscious about his natural hair colour or being forced to bleach it. His ocean coloured eyes lock into Liam's then trail their way back to us.

Picking up the courage  to break our silence , Imogen confessed,"My name is Imogen , I'm your new drummer . And this is my cousin Emily she's going to be playing the guitar."

"Cat got your tongue star? Or are you a big lost for words. Don't worry take your time sweetheart, I know it's a lot to take in when you see so many pretty faces in one room. I know it mustn't be a regular occurrence to you , I mean look at you, but you gotta pull yourself together." stated one of the boys with ecstatic curly hair.

"First of all I am not any sweetheart. Secondly why the hell did you call me star? Thirdly, you're a hypocrite. You don't find yourself or shall I say your natural looks very 'pretty' cause you have combed out majority of your curls and slicked you hair back." I announced with fury burning in my core. "You are overwhelmed by you surroundings regularly, your cuticles have been picked at for a while that's clearly obvious. And finally you still haven't found your own individuality within this group so you try and match other people's energy while appearing clever and cocky when really you're just a prick. So I suggest you get you head out of your ass before I push it so far in you will be on stage performing as a contortionist instead of did a singer."

A deadly stillness shifted in the room as his emerald eyes lock into mine as if they are peering into my soul and reading every single word that has ever enters my mind. He takes in a dealer breath before replying ,"you have stars on your shoes. You're a bit too old for a pair of lelly Kelly's aren't you? And why so observant, we sing gonna kill you. At least not yet."

The smaller two boys in the corner of the room stood up , gazing at us giggled like two children in a playground.

I can tell Imogen just felt like she was shot right between the eyes. This hit a bit too close to home.  Who does this dick think he is?

" If you need to know , not everyone can afford life's luxuries like you lot." I turn to Imogen and continue with," it's typical those with the money are the people who don't deserve it."

Both of the boys from the corner walk closer to where we are standing until one of them quickly interrupts ,"Okay well let's not get carried away with ourselves, I'm Louis , this is Zayn. If you need any help or advice or even some normal company we're your guys." he points to the timid boy next to him then turns and points to every member individually and says " this is Niall he seems confident but really he's a down to earth lad , Liam over there always looks on edge you get used to it after a while , and of course Harry ' the prick' styles doesn't really need an introduction apparently."

"I think me and you are going to get on better than I thought" commented Imogen moving closer towards him.

" I hope so" replied Louis with a longing stare locking into her eyes with a smile painted from cheek to cheek mimicking hers.

Sneakily , Zayn moved to my side and whispered ," be careful , not everything is as it seems."

The thick Bradford accent pokes at my senses for a second before he walks away. Zayn seems to be the mysterious one yet he's only been made that way because he's marked with caution and stealthiness. His hand brushes against mine as he walks away.

I look down and notice a small note that is crinkled up in my hand. Turning away from everyone for a second I open up the note to see what the note says.

-'If you want to find out what's really going on meet me at 9:30 tonight by the lake in the park two blocks away. Come alone.
I know why you really are .
                                -Zayn'

I glance up to meet his look but he quickly shifted his attention to liam who announced , "right that's enough chit chat. Better tell these two the set list do they can rehearse for Monday and try and come up with some songs for this fucking album."

Not a single word that has just been said registered in my head.

What does he know? What does he mean? Is it a set up?

Finally rationalising my spiralling thoughts, I remind myself that the sooner we work out what McCan and the Fittons are up to. The sooner we get out of here .

I need to find out what Zayn knows.