Part 6

A few hours of practice went by as the boys sung and we played. Most of the songs had easy rhythms to pick up anyways so I'm pretty confident we will learn the songs in time for Mondays show.

Imogen was absorbed in each beat of her drums , I can tell she's missed playing. Being an agent 24/7 doesn't really allow you much freedom or hobbies, especially now that there is less of us.

Throughout the time we were in the studio , Zayn mostly avoided eye contact but I'd occasionally see him give a lingering stare in the corner of my eye. Not much discussion went on between songs , not until we took a break where me and Imogen took to two seats besides a piano .

"This isn't too bad you know emz. They all seem nice . Well apart from him" mentioned Imogen sneering in Harry's direction.

"Don't you think they all seem a bit odd tho?" I asked in utter confidence. "They didn't ask us anything about ourselves. They just gave us the set list and music sheets and got on with it."

"Relax Em they probably just want to get on with it." Replied Imogen .

"No" I continued."something isn't right here. They know something we don't. And I'm going to find out."

"Wow who made you chief inspector here? Look it's management we need to keep an eye on not these lot . So relax , and don't be afraid to have a little bit of fun" added Imogen looking into Liam and Louis' direction.

Letting out a scoff , we were interrupted by Niall and Harry. Oh god here we go.

Harry went to open his mouth to say something but was instantly cut off my Niall," My friend Harry here has something he wants to say,don't you Harry.Go on don't be shy now."

The slight teasing locked a devilish glint in harry's eyes as he said ," you're a fast learner Imogen. Wish I could say the same for you, star. Pick up the pace or you never know who's going to catch you up."

Heat rose up in my body like hot lava ,"What's that's supposed to mean-"

"How about I take you both out for some food while this one cools down and sorts out his fucking head." Scolded niall .

Harry was clearly livid. What is this guys problem?

"No honestly you don't have to-" Imogen started before I cut her off.

"Yeah sure ." I turn to face Imogen shrugging my shoulders,"what have we got to loose."

A puzzled expression covered her face. She must know my plan surely. Dad told us to get close and find out what we can. So that's what I'm doing. Maybe Niall will know something as well as Zayn.

The three of us depart , leaving Harry and the rest of the band in the studio. Me and Imogen follow Niall into a black Jeep. Him in the drivers seat, us as the passengers.

"So there's this cute little diner called Rita's two block away , how about there ?" Niall asks while starting up the engine.

"Why are you being so nice to us?Why offer?"started Imogen.

"Because I want to be nice, plus I've heard about you." He turns his direction to me in the mirror.
"We all have, thought I might as well get in there first."