𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬.

A/N: An angsty chapter because we're too happy so far :)

CW: Child abuse, if uncomfortable then this chapter is not recommended for you.

𝄞

You're probably thinking that everyone's lives are happy and cheerful, right? Wrong.

Billy's life at home is the complete opposite.

It was the day after the concert, everyone had gone home to their own houses. Billy's parents hadn't received a call on where their son would be for the night, the thought to check in with his parents completely slipped the boy's mind.

Billy walked through the front door of his 'home', he was immediately met by two adults standing in the hallway with angered expressions.

Oh boy.

"Where the fuck have you been." Mr. Showalter scowled, his son remained silent. "Answer your father Billy." Mrs. Showalter said, causing her son to look at them both.

"I was with friends.." Billy answered, keeping it short and straight to the point. His parents looked at each other before turning back to their son, Billy's father slapped the boy across the face. The interaction caused Billy to stumble out of shock, he quickly collected himself and held his cheek with slightly wide eyes.

His father never hit him.

"Who said you could go out? And why didn't you come home?! You didn't even check in either boy!" his father shrieked, Billy kept his gaze on the ground while fighting back tears.

Mrs. Showalter stared at her son with disappointment prominent on her expression as her husband continued to scold Billy. "You're never going to learn are you?!" Mr. Showalter shouted, shoving his son by the shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Billy choked out, trying to make it seem like he wasn't on the verge of tears. "Just go to your damn room and stay there boy, you've disappointed us enough." Billy's father said, he remained silent and went to his room.

He went to close the door but paused as his mother's voice could be heard again. "You aren't getting any dinner tonight either little brat!" she shouted, her son closed his eyes and quietly shut his door all the way.

Billy walked over to his bed and got under the covers, he let out a shaky breath as tears silently streamed down his face. He didn't understand why his parents hated him, all he's ever done was try to make them proud.

It seemed like no matter what he did, it disappointed his parents.

•••

Billy's eyes shot open. He was woken up by the sound of the front door slamming shut. He got up quietly and inched towards his door, he opened it as quietly as possible.

The house was silent.

"Mom?.. Dad?.." He hesitantly called out, receiving no answer. They probably left without telling him. Billy sighed, at least now he could go out.

Billy went back into his room and changed into different clothes, he inspected himself in his body mirror and gave himself a nod of approval.

He grabbed his phone from the nightstand and texted the group chat created by Bruce when they all first became friends.

𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙨!!
10:30am