𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝄞

"Has anyone heard from Billy?" Robin asked, looking at everyone within the group. It had been two days since anyone had seen or heard from Billy. They were starting to grow concerned for their friend.

"I haven't." Griffin said, fiddling with his fingers. It was an old habit he never grew out of, he only did it when he was nervous or scared though. "Should we go to his place?" Finney asked, receiving no answer for a brief second until Bruce spoke.

"I think we should, but maybe not all of us. Why don't you and Robin go, Finn?" He suggested, Finney and Robin looked at each other. "Fine with me, I just want to be sure Billy is alright." Robin said, Finney nodded in agreement.

It was the middle of the school day, so the two boys would have to wait a couple more hours before they could check on their friend. Those couple of hours felt like years, though. Nobody was able to focus, they were too worried about Billy.

Finally, the last bell of the day rang. Finney got up from his seat and made a bee line for the door, he exited before anyone else. The boy met up with his friends outside and they formed a plan.

"Right, so Finney and Robin will check up on Billy. If he's home then they can bring him to my place and we can get his mind off whatever happened in his home." Bruce explained, looking at anyone for signs of protest but the boy looked pleased when he received none.

"Okay, got it." Finney said, Robin saluted before the two of them began their route to Billy's house.

Once they arrived, they were relieved to see that Billy's parent's car wasn't in the driveway. The two made their way up the porch steps and Robin knocked on the door.

"One second!" said a muffled voice from the inside of the house, quiet footsteps could be heard for a couple of seconds before the door was opened. Billy looked relieved to see one of his best friends and boyfriend.

"Thank god you're okay." Robin said, allowing Billy to pull him into a hug. Robin could feel the fabric of his shirt being scrunched up but that was the least of his worries.

A few seconds later, the two pulled away from each other and Billy pulled Finney into a hug. Finney wasted no time hugging back, letting out a sigh of relief.

The paperboy stepped to the side so Robin and Finney could enter his house. Both boys walked in, Finney was the first to noticed dried blood stains on the wooden floors.

He didn't question it.

Billy must've realized that Finney noticed the dried blood, he stepped in front of the boy and subtly turned him to face the living room then walked to the couch, dragging Finney along while Robin followed the two and sat on the floor in front of Billy.

"Where have you been Bill?" Finney asked, Billy hesitated to answer. He didn't want them finding out about what happened two nights ago.

"My uh.. parents wouldn't let me talk to anyone, or go anywhere. But they left on a business trip for a month so I'm free now!" Billy said, attempting to sound enthusiastic about his parents going away but neither Robin or Finney believed his act.

"So you're stuck here alone for the entire month?" Robin asked, looking up at Billy from his place on the floor, his head resting on Billy's lap.