15: Candid Conversations

[OP: "I was Wrong"--The Oh Hellos]

Meanwhile, the rest of the team was walking around Mist.

They didn't all stay together, but before they split off, the ninja got to observe how differently the DJs approached the situation.

Shoto and Bakugo probably wouldn't have done what Wally did and said hello to people randomly...and it seemed to scare those people at first when he did it.

Wally also stopped to help someone who was pushing a cart of fish uphill towards where the market probably was.

Shine was slightly less effervescent than her partner, but she was still one to smile at people instead of looking away from them awkwardly. Especially kids, who all openly stared at them. They were amazed that there were strangers here.

It was only the kids who came up to them at all. The adults didn't dare.

"Little brats," Bakugo muttered. "Why are kids always following us around?"

"Maybe you have good vibes," Camie offered. "Kids love me, except those little haters who think I'm a floozy."

"I didn't think kids called people that," Ino said. [Neither did I, frankly. Not sure why shows make it out that way.]

"Bakugo, please don't call them brats. If you make them cry, we're going to get into it with the Mizukage," Shoto said.

"Over dumb kids?" Bakugo scoffed.

"Don't pick on kids," Shikamaru said. "What kind of bully does that?"

"Did you just call me a bully?!" Bakugo yelled at him.

"Katsuki, please." Shine turned. "The people here might be jumpy--that's not going to help."

"Don't tell me what to do," Bakugo said.

Shine fixed him with a stern look, then walked up to him with the kind of stride that most kids know means they're in trouble.

Though, with most people in the group not having had a parental figure in their lives, not all of them got it. Sai only thought she was going to attack him.

Bakugo looked nervous before she even got there. "All right, all right," he growled. "No need to make a big scene."

"That's just what I thought," Shine said firmly. "If I'm letting you go off without adult supervision, I can trust that you will act responsibly, right?"

Bakugo looked down.

"Right?" Shine pressed.

"D--- it, fine," Bakugo grumbled.

"Okay." Shine relaxed. "Thank you. Of course, I was just teasing you." She winked. "I'm sure Camie will not let anything too bad happen."

"I don't control him. I'm just his gf," Camie said. "But whatevs, I'm sure I'm too much to handle for Bakugo to have time to worry about some kids. Aren't I, Bae?"

"You're certainly distracting enough," Bakugo said, not very nicely, but Camie just smiled.

"That's weird," Sakura said to Ino and Tenten. "Right?"

"Yeah," Tenten said. "But it never stops, so just ignore it. They get touchy."

"How far can we go?" Neji asked Shine politely.

"I don't expect anything to happen, but, just in case, stay within a few...kilometers?" Shine said. "We can find you then. Stay in groups too, but I think they're more afraid of us than we are of them. Be friendly, I guess. I want to take a look at the shoreline."