SIXTY-SEVEN

— 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐲 —

𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐲 

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

"WELL? IS THIS IT?"

"I think so," Ginny said, responding to Lavender's question. 

She and Ginny, along with Cassiopeia, Neville, Parvati and Dean, stood in front of a highly polished door exactly at the spot Harry told them to come to for the meetings. Cassie looked at the door sceptically — she had walked around the castle many times and not once had she come across this door.

Ginny shrugged, stepping forward and knocking on the door gently, before pushing it open and allowing the six of them to enter.

"Whoa," said Dean, staring around, impressed. "What is this place?"

The room was large and lit with torches; the walls were lined with bookcases and there were large silk cushions situated on the floor.

Harry began to explain what the room was — the Room of Requirement. How it would only appear when the seeker had real need of it, able to provide anything they would need. 

By the time eight o'clock arrived, every cushion was occupied. Harry moved across the door and turned the key protruding from the lock; it clicked in a satisfyingly loud way and everybody fell silent, looking at him.

"Well," said Harry, slightly nervously. "This is the place we've found for practices, and you've — er — obviously found it okay—"

"It's fantastic!" said Cho, and several people murmured their agreement.

"It's bizarre," said Fred, frowning around at it. "We once hid from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then..."

"Hey, Harry, what's this stuff?" asked Dean, indicating the shelf at the rear of the room with a range of strange objects.

"Dark detectors," said Harry, stepping between the cushions to reach them. "Basically they all show when dark wizards or enemies are around, but you don't want to rely on them too much, they can be fooled..."

Cassiopeia smiled to herself. Harry had been doubting himself all this time and yet he already began to sound like a teacher.

"Well, I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and — er — what, Hermione?"

Hermione lowered her raised hand. "I think we ought to elect a leader."

"Harry's leader," said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," said Hermione, unperturbed. "It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So — everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"