FORTY-SEVEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER ARRIVED QUICKLY. The train ride felt quicker than usual, but Cassiopeia supposed it was because she hadn't actually left her compartment and simply read the whole ride long. 

She made a note to stay with Draco the entire ride — well, except for when he left the compartment. She figured he would probably visit the trio's compartment to find ways to provoke them, though Cassie just wanted to avoid them by all means. 

At some point, Draco began informing the other Slytherins about the Triwizard Tournament. The twins knew all about it, of course. With their father's connections in the ministry, it was inevitable they'd find out before everyone else in the castle. Of course, the tournament meant there would be no quidditch that year, but Cassie never minded considering she couldn't play regardless.

As the students entered the Great Hall, Cassie's eyes immediately shot up to the teacher's table at the front, expecting a new face to be there that would assume the new role of the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, however, there was no one new. She wondered who could've possibly been teaching them that year. 

When the Gryffindors were seated, she made sure to sit as far away from Harry, Ron and Hermione as possible.

Cassiopeia barely paid attention to the Sorting Hat's song, and even less when the new first years were being sorted. With the last person being sorted into Hufflepuff, the feast began.

"I still can't believe you didn't come to our camp even though you were at the Quidditch Cup," Seamus said to Cassie, shaking his head.

"Sorry — my father didn't want me wandering off. If it helps we can always watch the match together next time."

"Next time isn't for four years," Dean stated.

"Well at least with what's happening this year we can watch it all together," Cassie said with a shrug.

"What's happening this year? Are you talking about quidditch?" Cassie shook her head, instead returning to her food with a smirk. The two boys gave each other a puzzled look.

"So!" began Dumbledore as the hall all finished eating, smiling around at them. "Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention while I give out a few notices...

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house quidditch cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Dean gasped from beside Cassie. Over people in the hall were either left speechless or whispered amongst each other, scandalised.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy — but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts—"