SEVENTY-SIX

— 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 —

𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE SHIFT FROM MARCH TO APRIL had been a rather significant one, as students began to worry more about the imminent exams that were OWLs instead of Cassiopeia's seemingly non-existent morality. Cassiopeia never thought she would be glad to see that the increasing stress everyone was experiencing would distract them from her presence around the school. It felt like things were finally going back to normal.

Of course, it didn't mean that everyone hadn't completely forgotten that she was the daughter of a death eater. It was times like these when she truly wished she was a Slytherin — maybe it wouldn't come as too much of a surprise. After all, Draco didn't get as much attention as she did. However, she supposed that may be due to the fact that, unlike her, Draco was already notorious in the school so his relations with a dark wizard weren't as shocking.

It was for that reason that she decided she would no longer attend D.A. meetings. After all, it would be awkward considering the fact that the point of the group was to stand against the Dark Lord and the ministry.

"I mean, come on Harry, I don't think every single one of them would be eager to have me training with them," she was saying to the Gryffindor in the empty common room. "I'm sure Smith would have a field day if he sees I'm still attending meetings."

"But are you sure? We're gonna start patronuses next."

"As much as I'd love to find out what my patronus would be, I still have to pass. It'd be too weird for me. I already get enough looks just by walking around the castle."

"Well maybe you still can — I could teach you how to cast one now," he offered, sitting up and unravelling the arm he had around her.

"Sure," she responded, taking out her wand and getting to her feet. "But don't expect me to be good at this. I just think of a happy memory, right?"

Harry nodded, and so Cassie did just that. She closed her eyes and pointed her wand upwards, attempting to dig up any happy memory she had. Her childhood with Draco, the times they went to Diagon Alley, the moments she spent with Harry, each kiss they shared...

"Expecto Patronum."

She opened her eyes. Absolutely nothing. "Told you," she said to him.

"No one gets it on their first try," he argued, walking up to her and taking her wand arm carefully. "Try waving your wand like this," he said, guiding her arm in a circular motion before letting go.

Cassiopeia pressed her lips together before trying again. This time she tried focusing on fewer but more specific memories: the time she and Draco got their first brooms and he flew into one of their mother's rose bushes and the absolute euphoria she had felt when she had her first kiss with Harry.