Christmas Morning

Through the marble halls silence hung in the air. 

The early morning hues of the forever twinkling sky started to shine through the windows.

The air was slightly chilled, giving you a nice breath of fresh air.

One of the dark wooden doors silently opened, two sets of feet running down the hall, hushed giggles sounding.

They didn't slow down as they approached another door along the hall and ran in the room. 

The high vaulted ceilings allowed for more light to creep in from the large windows. The bed off to the side was covered in a cozy silver blanket.

Percy and Annabeth were both drawn from their sleep as two assailants flew themselves on the bed.

"Mom! Dad! Wake up!!! It's CHRISTMAS!!!" The older screamed with joy. She had a messy head of blonde wavy hair and sharp sea green eyes. She was the cutest dressed in her pegasus christmas onesie.  

"Yeah! Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!" The second said, giggling with joy and jumping up and down to match the others energy. He was a year younger than the first with a head of black curly hair and grey hued eyes. 

"Uuuggghhhhh..... why did you guys have to get up so early?" Percy dragged out as a smile formed on his face. 

Annabeth pushed herself into a sitting position to catch the younger as he threw himself into her arms. 

The little girl stood over Percy as he covered his face with a pillow. "Daaaaaddd! We have to get up!! There are presents that need to be opened! Plus blue pancakes!!!!!" She whined. 

Percy peaked his head from behind the pillow and whispered, "Did you say blue pancakes?"

The little girl giggled, "Yeah!!!"

"Well why didn't you say that sooner!!" 

He quickly grabbed her as he stood up and swung her around. Shouts of laughter filled the air with the sound of his wings as he twirled her around.

Annabeth pulled the other close, giving him a kiss on the head. "You ready to go get some pancakes too?"

"YEAH!!!" He squealed. 

Percy set the little girl down. "Hey, I have an idea. It's too quiet around here, why don't you guys go wake up Uncle Luke? He will need pancakes too!"

Both children laughed with approval and ran out the door and down the hall. Percy and Annabeth could hear them as they entered the next room over.

Both parents headed to the living space/hangout room on their floor still in their pjs.

Luke must have been a good distraction because the two kids still hadn't come back by the time the pancakes were being cooked. 

As Percy began flipping the fluffy circles over, Annabeth went to the door. "Charlie! Zoe! Time for breakfast!" 

There was silence before two sets of laughter and shouts of joy could filled the hall along with the sound of feet running towards them.

Percy looked over as the two children screamed when they were grabbed up by Luke who was chasing after them. "No one gets pancakes without me!"

Annabeth set out the plates as Percy set a plate of fresh hot sustenance in the center of the table. 

"Okay you two, lets get some grub." Luke huffed as he set them down and walked to the table. 

"Morning you two." He said to Percy and Annabeth. "I'm assuming you sent these two ninjas into my room?" Making eye contact with Percy. 

"What can I say, they woke us up amazingly so I just wanted to share the experience with you." 

"Oh how kind of you." 

The children giggled as they both filled their faces with blue pancakes and milk. 

Within 20 minutes Zoe and Charlie were bouncing up and down by the christmas tree begging to open gifts. 

Percy joined them as Annabeth grabbed some coffee and Luke settled in on the sofa. 

Soon paper was flying and bows were being put on top of heads. 

Both children were delighted in the gifts received and after 30 minutes everyone found their way under a blanket on the sofa. 

Percy soon found himself being used as a pillow by both Zoe and Charlie. It was the best feeling in the world in his opinion. "Merry Christmas guys. I love you both." He whispered to their little ears. 

Luke smirked at the scene. Annabeth's face held more love and joy than ever before.  

This was forsure one of the best Christmas' yet.