chapter 8

The next thing they knew, they were in a boat, heading to the prison that Pocahontas and Cherry were taken to. Atticus began to tell them his plan of how to rescue the girls.

"I just hope this works..." Rolfe sighed as he rowed the boat, going under the open door and they could get into the foggy atmosphere.

"Well, we're about to find out." Atticus whispered.

"HALT!" a soldier called. "Who goes there?"

"John Rolfe and Atticus Fudo," the man introduced himself, standing on the boat, but not in a way to tip it over. "We have a prisoner." He then slit his throat with his finger, implying that this 'prisoner' deserved a death sentence.

A soldier chuckled evilly. "Open the gate!"

'Perfect,' Atticus thought. 'The plan is working so far.'

The gate was opened, allowing them to pass.

"Part one of the plan complete." Atticus whispered.

Rolfe nodded, then went to stop the boat and try to make it seem like he disliked John Smith so he wouldn't seem suspicious of their possible new friendship. He and Atticus at least helped him out to put him in jail. The soldier glanced at John Smith, but then John Smith put his old-time handcuffs on him and gave him a blow to the face, making the soldier fall into the water.

"Nice one." Atticus said.

"He's escaping, catch him!" Rolfe commanded.

The soldiers went to go after John Smith.

Rolfe smirked once he saw the cell door keys and swiped them and ran with the boy and hummingbird escort. "Now find her, boys."

"Wait for us, boys!" Percy barked.

"Ooh..." Meeko felt a memory come up as he saw one of the soldiers drop his helmet.

"MEEKO!" Percy growled at him.

Meeko smirked and put the helmet on the dog. "A perfect fit!"

"Meeko, this is no time to play around!" Patch barked.

"Sorry..." Meeko chuckled, going up the stairs with him.

Percy actually liked how the helmet looked before it slammed down on him and trapped him. Rolfe kept running up with Flit and Atticus to find the girls and save them.

"Their prison cell should be close by by now." Atticus said.

Four soldiers walked down the halls, but Rolfe leaned against the wall with the animals and Atticus to avoid being seen. Once they left, they kept running. Flit came to a prison door and looked inside of the barred window to see who they were looking for. He kept searching for the right door, so far, no girls, but soon, he would find them.

"I found them!" Flit called out. "They're in this one!"

Uti glanced at the hummingbird while Cherry and Pocahontas sulked until they saw him.

"Flit!"

Rolfe and Atticus then unlocked the door to free the girls.

"John!" Pocahontas was very happy to see him and rushed to him.

"We're here to rescue you, girls and Uti." Atticus said.

"I knew you'd come!" Pocahontas smiled.

Rolfe seemed to lovingly smile back as he held the Indian woman.

"What took you so long?" Cherry joked slightly.

"So sorry, but the main man had to arrive for us to come and rescue you to." Atticus said.