A holiday romance

“Happy 5th Anniversary Baby” Prapai kissed Sky while being snuggled into each other early in the morning. It’s been 5 years since they got married and after that incident of Sky’s kidnapping nothing went wrong. Life was anything but kind to them. They had a supportive family, a cute daughter who they loved with their whole heart. Prapai couldn’t ask for anything more in their life.

But one thing he always missed was the innocence he saw on Sky’s face before that incident. Even though Sky got cured from the trauma, the pain of losing their second baby took hard on Sky. Once in a while when Sky is drunk he will talk about it. That he still feels he is the reason they lost their son. Prapai always says they can still have one, even tried a few times but god wasn’t blessing them enough and Prapai hated it. He wanted to do everything Sky even thinks of. If Sky’s eyes ever linger on anything more than 3 seconds Prapai will end up buying it. So how can he not want a son when Sky wants that so much.

One time Prapai thought maybe Sky just wanted a son and he proposed to have adopted one, but Sky refused saying he is happy with Autumn and Prapai and he doesn’t need anyone else. But deep inside Prapai knew what he wanted, it’s just that it wasn’t in his power to fulfill it.

“Happy Anniversary darling” Sky replied, snuggling into Prapai more. “Thanks for coming into my life and saving me from the darkness I was drifting off to.”

“Thanks for bringing the light into my life. Thanks for having a family with me. Thank you for everything Sky.” Prapai answered Sky and then slowly leaned into Sky for a kiss. On a cold winter morning, Sky was the only source of warmth he had and he savored the kiss like a kid eating a cotton candy. It's sweet but delicate, melts into your mouth as soon as you touch it, like Sky was melting in this embrace now.

The world outside their room was a silent symphony in white, the fresh snow from the night looked like it was a canvas waiting for footprints. They were on their honeymoon, who comes on their honeymoon on the 5th anniversary? They did. But then again they weren’t the traditional couple like others. They met as interns, started their relationship after sharing their first heat together, separated, had a baby and then got married. It wasn’t the ideal course of action people followed. So their honeymoon on their 5th anniversary was the perfect way to celebrate their bond.

Autumn was almost 7 years old and loved staying at her grandma’s place to play with Phan’s baby. She had a cousin now and she loved him. It was Phan who gave the idea to Prapai on taking Sky on their most awaited honeymoon he deserved and he immediately latched on to the idea. But why here? When they were living in Korea and they spent their 1st christmas together and Autumn was just 9 months old Sky had once said he wanted to see a white christmas. They went to seoul to spend their christmas but Autumn was too small to tolerate the harsh winter and they had to stay inside most of the time and he couldn’t take Sky for the christmas markets at night.

So here they were, in Vienna, for their Christmas honeymoon. They got married on 23rd December so it was the perfect honeymoon Prapai could come up with. Sky loved it.

A few days ago

“P’Pai tell me where we are going na?”

“No, I am not gonna tell you that. It’s a surprise.”

Sky placed his hands on Prapai’s waist, came closer to his lips and said “are you sure you are not gonna tell me?”