- Prologue -

"I won't leave you like this." She said with a rough tone in her voice. Julie turned away from [name]'s direction, staring out into the rainy distance. [name] walked closer to Julie, her worn combat boots squelching against the muddy ground. "You'll just have to, then," Julie responded with a dull and hoarse tone. "No." She spoke sternly. She laid her palm flat on Julie's shoulder. "I promised you I wouldn't leave you, remember?" She whispered and held the red umbrella over their two heads. 

"Do you think anyone keeps those promises, [name]?" Julie asked with her arms wrapped around herself in a soft embrace. [name] didn't quite know how to reply, but she felt a pit grow in the deepest depths of her chest. "They don't," Julie answered for her.

"How will we ever know that if you don't give me a chance?" She pulled her hand away from her shoulder, letting it rest at her sides. For a moment, there was a dark silence. [name] squatted down in the muddy grass, picking a small bellflower from its roots. She stood back up and intertwined the colorful petals into Julie's sharp horns. "Don't waste yourself on me." Julie turned her head back slightly, glancing over her shoulder at [name] with her dark and lifeless eyes.

[name] pursed her lips firmly together. "I'd rather waste my life on a woman like you than live with the regret of never seeing where this takes us." She furrowed her eyebrows, but [name] didn't stop there. "And that's no waste. Not to me, Julianne." Her voice was stern. She wouldn't give up on Julie. She would never give up on Julie.

"Making Her Joyful Again"

Out Now!

 ©️ L1TTLE_R0TTEN

 ©️ L1TTLE_R0TTEN