Deaths hands cannot touch

Darkness, all he could see just... endless void... not even his brother keeping him company... He hated it, he wanted his wife, he wanted to see the Gals. He wanted to break free of this prison.

He heard something, at first he thought he was crazy but no... he heard a woman's voice...

"Dear? Is that you?"

No... No it... it couldn't be her... he surely wasn't dead...

"Kaiser? Why are you here? You aren't supposed to be dead my love..."

She came closer... a red halo and red wings... hair like flowing gold. He cried as he reached out to her...

"Sarina... my darling... I do not understand?" She cupped his face with her hands and smiled. That damn smile, brighter than the sun..

"I have been watching you. I'm glad you weren't hurting over me. I'm glad you found someone to love again. But you lied to her about my appearance, you were scared. Now they know the truth and it didn't come from you." She wasn't chastising... she was merely pointing out what he knew already.

"Sarina why are you here? You... your dead my love... I could not bring you back even if I tried..."

"Kaiser. When I died I imparted parts of my power to you. So I could keep watch. Your not dead my Love. It isn't your time."

"Then what do I do? I- I nearly failed them... I nearly lost my own wife... nearly lost the closest thing to a son I have... what should I do?" He cried harder than before. Seeing her again, even in a void made him weak.

"Wake up dear, she needs you. They all need you, I will always be here, I promise."

She kissed him one last time before fading, Kaiser... the old man himself was losing control of his emotion.

Medical office, Empress POV

It's been 2 weeks now... Vestal says he is fine but... comatose... Every time I see him, it pains me. Knowing what he did to ensure our safety.. Dusk... she came back to say Gharian, the boy I protected was ok. Healing and fine. And also she wanted to make sure her brother was ok.

She and I bonded more, she was initially cold to me, but I guess seeing what I've done for him and likewise what he's done for me warmed her opinion.

But she had to go, get back to their duties.. And I sit here alone... watching the slow breathing of my husband, waiting his return...

But.. he was different this time... it looked like he moved! She quickly called for Vestal and sure enough... he was waking...

Waking eyes, Kaiser POV

It wasn't the void that scared him, it wasn't the fact he was close to death, hell even the Orochi didn't scare him. But what did?

Leaving his family behind. But he was happy, he saw his Sarina one last time. She told him to wake up and that's what he planned on doing.

It took great effort, but he moved. He opened his eyes only to be met by the most beautiful violet orbs peering back into his soul.

With a gasp she screamed in joy entrapping the man into a hug.

"Kaiser! I'm so happy your awake! I thought I lost you... this time we all did..." she was holding him, crying as though he'd leave her again.

"I'm fine darlin' I promised ya I wouldn't die. Now where's the commander? Need to say a few things."

"Commander later, I just got you back I'm not leaving you so soon." She said still crying.

"Right... Aye the commander can wait. I'm here darlin' I'm here."

Outside Hallway, Bismarck POV

Of all the people affected, Kaga and Akagi being some of the most affected was surprising. From the time they spent here... I asked them both why they cared so fervently. My only reply was he reminded them of Amagi.

I can't lie I see the resemblance. Her, a big sister with a good heart and Him, a big brother of equal standing... Even I view him as family.

I feel terrible for Empress. The pain she is experiencing must be astronomical.. I must go remind her once more to go eat.. seems she is more focused on staying near him at her own detriment.

As I near the room he is being kept in I hear what sounds to be crying... fearing the worst I immediately, opening the door I see them...

Kaiser awake and moving and Empress... holding him for dear life.. even I teared up at the sight.. I couldn't help but speak

"K-Kaiser? Your awake?? You really are..." despite all expected of me... even I show emotion...

Much to his surprise I ran to him, embracing him as well. We all missed him.

Eyes of the Dragon, Kaiser POV

"Much as I like this I must get up. Been stuck here for a couple weeks it seems. And..." I trailed off, not going unnoticed by Kaiserin

"Kaiser what's wrong?" She asked me worriedly

"You remember the story I've told you of my wife..?" She nods "I saw her again... that halo you saw on me was hers. I lied about her race, was scared to say it. She wasn't human but Sankta, living angels basically.. The power you felt from me was her doing..." this new light took her by surprise.

"Seeing her up close made me rethink somethin... I ain't immortal... I'm sorry, to both of you, for putting myself at such risk."

Both responded just by squeezing me tighter. But let me go soon enough, it's important we get to Valentina soon.

As we walk the halls, Bismarck smiling for once, Love clings to me and Bismarck leads the way. Every Kansen in base would stop and see, the man thought to be dead walks the earth once more.

We get to the office of the commander and I hear multiple voices, Valentina's of course but... 3 more... familiar... who were they?

Kaiser was the first to open the door. He saw Valentina sitting at her desk, Momarch quietly beside her and... his sisters

"Dusk, Ling, Nian? What are you guys doing- OOMPH" he was cut off by all 3 of them hugging him tightly. Dusk was the first to speak

"Brother! We heard what happened... we thought we lost you.."

"I agree Brother, even Nian was worried about you."

"I was not!... Ok maybe a little..."

"Ha, I'm fine sisters I'm fine! I'm glad to see you 3 again though..." he said while embracing all 3. Even for his stature hugging all 3 was difficult but he was happy to be back. Happy to see them again..

But that wouldn't last long.

"So. You once again got yourself hurt, Kaiser. You'd better be glad you took a beating otherwise I'd show you one for your reckless behavior."

His head shot up and whipped to the person who said that, Empress was about to ask him but he spoke before her.

"Kal. What are you doing here?"