Chapter 6:The faerie & the beast.

After dinner Arcus made it to his chamber. "This day has been so long-" he yawned.

"I wonder where Yuki and Risi are right now," he said as he lay down. Risi remarked, "We're just here, dummy." "Whoah-I didn't realize you two were invisible," he replied.

"You look upset, did something happen in the queen's room?" Yuki approached him. "Wait, didn't you two follow me?" Arcus asked cryptically. "The queen casted a barrier that's why we can't go inside" replied Yuki. Yuki's eyes briefly filled with rage before returning to normal, and Arcus sighed, "I just had memories flashed, don't even know if it was mine."

Anyway, Yuki said, "It's getting pretty dark here, maybe we should go to bed." "Yeah i'm also tired".

While Yuki laid next to Arcus making the bed, Risi slept beside the window.

"Uhm will they not catch us?" "Don't worry I made the spell so you're the only one that sees me" replied Yuki.

Faced toward one another. Arcus asked, "Do you feel something?" "Hmm?" "It feels like we've been friends and close for a long time, but we've only been together for a week," he continued, sounding frightened.

He approached Arcus's face. He replied, "Strange isn't it?" as Arcus flushed.

Fuck, I hope he can't see too clear of my face. Arcus thought to himself.

"I suppose so," he murmured tensely. "In any case, it's time for us to head to bed," Yuki murmured, giving Arcus a hug and turning away his back.

Arcus slowly closed his eyes and fell in a slumber, or a message...?

His eyes fluttered open wide.

However, this time it wasn't real.

It's a dream.

He discovered that he was seated in a chair. Abruptly, lights flickered on and pointed to the drawn drapes.

The wordsmith is caving in. "Everybody, welcome, to the most beloved, fantastic, and the best jester in the history of Ousia! Our emperor-Sucram!"

The jester wearing blue-toned clothing and a hat was the center of attention as the curtain rose.

Arcus glanced around, seeing people clapping and cheering and cartons being cut. He narrowed his eyes to study the jester's face more closely.

The jester raised his head. A young man with white hair and blue and soft lilac eyes of a different shade?

It looks like he's grinning. The jester raised his headdress. "My dear people, for today show I will pick a random person to dance with me in this spotlight".

Whispers were exchanged among the stunned spectators. Arcus quietly asked, "What is this all about?" as he was beginning to feel uneasy.

The jester conjured up a machine with a flick. When he pulled the lever, a series of random numerals flashed on the machine. And then it halted, displaying "seat 37."

Arcus was the focus of the light. The jester grabbed him by the wrist as the chair moved and entered the stage.

The jester with a smile. However, this one seems cozier... considerably warmer...

Subsequently, the jester began to move, and Arcus's body began to move naturally. But something felt off, as if his body had a consciousness of its own and it was just muscle memory. They both danced as the music played.

They performed a swan-like dance. Arcus moved like a predator, but the jester moved softly and gracefully.

Arcus notices the jester's closed eyes and his drowsiness.

Then, as quickly as a blink, they exchanged roles, with Arcus dancing like a ballerina and the jester acting as if he were a ghost in search of souls.

Arcus's entire body begins to go numb. For what duration are they dancing? A moment? For one minute? An hour, really?

They glared at each other. What the heck did I see? Arcus wondered to himself. The jester's cheeks are brimming with tears.

He appeared stunning.

How can a clown like him, whose primary function is to amuse people, be so incredibly amazing and otherworldly?

How Arcus could be both an emperor and a jester at the same time? He chose to be a laughingstock with such power.

After then, the jester and Arcus spun around while holding hands like a beautiful petal falling from a tree.

He continued to look at the jester's face. He is now without makeup. On the stage, they are fighting, dancing, and spinning.

It was simultaneously soothing and excruciating.

Finally, they executed their final move. Roses are thrown onto the stage as the audience erupted in cheers.

Arcus is once more taken to a different chamber after they both bowed.

He said, "Where am I this time?"

He heard sobs. Arcus remained silent while attempting to hear the sound.

A light turned on, illuminating the jester who was sitting by his makeup mirror.

Was it he who was crying?

Arcus moved toward her, but not close enough to keep her at a safe distance.

The jester exclaimed, "Why-? Why do I have to suffer?"

Arcus's hands interlocked. And he is crying too.

The jester's hat toppled on the ground, and tears filled his cheeks. But there's a problem-the tears don't appear like tears at all.

Arcus didn't even realize that he was crying aloud like the jester.

The jester said, "So in the end it's just going to be us, right?" He turned to face Arcus slowly, his tears shining white.

He rushed over to give Arcus a hug.

Their tears turned into flowers on the ground as they wept together. The only light in the room came from their eyes.

It seemed as though Arcus was being hugged by a celestial spirit nearby.

"I don't want this dream to end" .

"But I want to stop" .

"Arcus?" Yuki asked, his anxious expression directed downward.

"You're having a bad dream, huh?" Arcus answered, wiping away his tears. "Yes, that's correct, a bad dream."

"Well i'm here now so don't worry!" Yuki reasurred Arcus.

Risi flew to them, "a grown-up crying, pfft lame". "Risi don't be so harsh!" Yuki retarted.