CHAPTER 20

KIM NAMJOON : He couldn't make it..He has paved his way to heaven..leaving you and your family.  We did everything we could to stabilize him, but the extent of his burns was too severe.

JUNGKOOK : I can't believe this is happening. My dad... he was just at the restaurant with my mom. And now he's gone. 

I FELT LOST..LIKE EVERYTHING WAS FALLING APART...MY SOUL LEFT MY BODY AS I FELL ON THE GROUND..FEELING NOTHING INSIDE ME BUT STILL CONCIOUS..

KIM NAMJOON : Mr.Jeon please..please be strong. I understand this is an incredibly emotional and confusing time for you.

 JUNGKOOK : This can't be real...no..no...I don't believe this..I just lost my unborn child...and now I lost my dad, and I don't even know where my mom is. What happened at the restaurant?

KIM NAMJOON : We're doing everything we can to locate your mother. Our staff is working closely with the authorities, and as soon as we have any information, we'll update you.

 JUNGKOOK :  (Emotionally overwhelmed) I... I need a moment to process all of this. Can I see my dad?

KIM NAMJOON :  Of course. Take all the time you need. We've made arrangements for you to spend some time with your father. When you're ready, I'll guide you to the ICU.

 JUNGKOOK : I want to see him right now..please..

I GATHERED UP SOME STRENGTH AND HOLD MYSELF JUST FOR MY DAD. AS MR. KIM WERE GUIDING ME TOWARDS THE ICU. WITH EACH AND EVERY STEP MY HEART WAS PUMPING FASTER AND FASTER.

I ENTERED THE ROOM..AND SAW MY DAD LYING THERE LIFELESSLY WITH PALE SKIN..HIS EYES WERE CLOSED. IT SEEMED LIKE HE WAS IN A DEEP SLEEP AND COULD WAKE UP IN ANY TIME. 

JUNGKOOK :  (Softly) Dad...

I APPROACHED TOWARDS THE BED..I REACHED OUT TO HOLD MY DAD'S LIFELESS HANDS..I SAW HIS FACE AND HANDS HAVING BURNT MARKS ALL OVER THEM.

JUNGKOOK : (Choked up) I can't believe you're gone, Dad. You just went to the restaurant to have dinner with mom and now you are here on the hospital bed lying peacefully.

I WAS CRYING HARD WHEN SOMEONE BARGED IN THE ROOM...IT WAS NONE OTHER THAN MY LATE DAD'S OLDER SON KIM TAEHYUNG.

JUNGKOOK :  (Surprised) What are you doing here?

TAEHYUNG : I heard about da..a..d..I ran here as soon as I heard the news..that fire broke in restaurant and people including Mr.Jeon were dining there and got burnt severely..how is he now? Is he going to be alright?

JUNGKOOK : He couldn't make it..he is no more with us...

TAEHYUNG :  WHAT ?? I..I...I..don't know how to react..

 JUNGKOOK : (Tense) This is a difficult time for all of us. I didn't expect to see you here.

TAEHYUNG :  Mr.Kim treated me like garbage, and now he's gone. Why would I care?

THERE WAS A MOMENT OF SILENT BEFORE TAEHYUNG BROKE DOWN INTO TEARS.

TAEHYUNG : Why...why...he left me..I had so much to ask him..I always wanted to spend some time with him..but he never cared about me...I was feeling like I am just living physically but mentally I was dead..

JUNGKOOK :  I know things have been difficult between Dad and you. I hope you won't resent him now...and forget about the time when dad was harsh on you.

TAEHYUNG CAME TOWARD DAD'S BODY AND PUT HIS HEAD ON DAD'S LEGS...

TAEHYUNG : I never wanted to hurt you dad..even though I never tried to hurt you ever..but if unintentionally I did then I am really sorry for that..Please forgive me...I will love you inspite what you and aunt did to me...during my childhood..you are still my dad...

JUNGKOOK : Taehyung...

I WENT NEAR HIM AND RUBBED HIS BACK GENTLY...HE WIPED HIS TEARS AND LOOKED AT ME..

TAEHYUNG : Where is aunt?? Is she burnt too?? Is she admitted in some other room..?

JUNGKOOK : She is missing..

TAEHYUNG : WHAT??

 JUNGKOOK : Yes..doctor said that their team is trying their best to search for her and as soon as they get to know something..they will inform me..

TAEHYUNG : Ohh..

 JUNGKOOK : Where is Yn?

TAEHYUNG : She is on her way..she is in daegu and I was in seoul..we are shifting..

JUNGKOOK : Ohh..

TAEHYUNG : I didn't see Jisoo anywhere..where is she??

 JUNGKOOK : Can we talk about this later...how are we going to arrange for dad's funeral?

TAEHYUNG : Did dad had any wish..that how is funeral should be arranged?

JUNGKOOK : No..he never discussed about anything like this with me..the doctor said that we can ask them to arrange for the funeral.

TAEHYUNG : I think it would be best if we hand over this work to hospital itself..and we can then divide expenses..

JUNGKOOK : Hmm..Let us both go and have a talk with him about this...