Seijuro Mikoshiba x Reader : Enough

As Seijuro's neighbor, you're used to that loud headed red-head. You looked over one day while heading into your house to see him, once again, with another pretty girl. You knew that he was flirty and kinda stupid but you yourself, have fallen for that idiot. 

-

-

Seijuro always noticed you whenever you came home. Once he graduated, he tried sticking near home since he wanted to see you. You caught his eye though you two never spoke or met eye to eye. Your family has been very generous as neighbors and Seijuro was interested. 

Your family, (surname), have lived in the neighborhood for about as long as the Mikoshiba's have. 

He was talking to one of the girls from his classes when he noticed that you haven't came home yet. "Excuse me but I have to go somewhere today. Can we talk tomorrow?" he asked. The girl bid him good bye. Once she was out of sight, Seijuro came over and knocked on your door. 

Small footsteps could be heard and a small woman opened the door. She smiled when she saw him. "Ah, Seijuro-kun, what brings you here?" the woman asked. 

"I was wondering if (y/n) happened to be home. I didn't see her today," he pointed. He could see inside that the house was clean and very few furniture. 

"Ah, I'm just the caretaker of the house. She left early this morning and hasn't come back," the woman sighed. "(y/n) has 3 part time jobs to maintain this house with the bills. She probably is sleeping at the library after doing homework."

"Where are her parents?" Seijuro asked, concern oozing through. 

"They abandoned this place 2 years ago. Seijuro-kun, would you mind bring her back tonight?"

And that was enough. 

-

-

You groggily tried to keep your eyes open on the book in front of you. You had a report due in your literature class tomorrow. Your part time jobs have been keeping you from sleeping for the past months, fatigue creeping up your back. 

Your health was obviously at a risk and your parents haven't communicated with you since they left. You sighed and massaged your temples. You looked up to see a figure panting and the familiar red hair struck you. "Mikoshiba-san," you began. 

"(y/n)-chan, what are you doing?" Seijuro asked. He went to you and pulled you up. 

"Trying to do homework.." you softly said. Your voice faltered as you began to close your eyes. You fell limp in his arms, sleep over-taking your body. 

He just stroked your hair and gently picked you up, along with your bag. "It's time for you to rest, (y/n)-chan. You've done enough."

-

-

"It seems like she's just lacking the nutrients from over-exhausting herself these past few months. She needs proper rest and food. I suggest you to take a few weeks off of work and school to properly heal," the doctor sternly pointed. 

Seijuro nodded while you sat in silence. You two bowed and headed home. "What happened? And your parents," Seijuro softly asked. 

"They left. Abandoned me..Debt collectors to be exact. I didn't know since I was just a kid. Then they came 2 years ago and they threatened by parents. They ran away now I'm the one paying back," you huffed. "But I'm good. I have a good caretaker that has been with me all my life and I'm going to get a good life job.."

Seijuro silenced you all of a sudden with a hug. You stiffened but allowed yourself to slowly melt. The weird neighbor that you crushed over and hated, was now the pillar you were looking for. "You're amazing..You should've told at least someone that can help support you."

"I did."

"Really?"

"Do you not trust me?"

"Nope."

You gave an airy laugh. "I guess you'll have to be looking out for me then."

Seijuro just smirked. "I have been. But now I'm gonna do it right." He leaned down to give you a small kiss. You closed your eyes, kissing him back. "(y/n)-chan, you're always enough. You're amazing for doing everything on you're own. I hope you can share some of that burden with me."

You smiled. "I guess. I think my definition of 'enough' is not right."

"You know what the real definition of enough is?"

"What?"

"You."