Request : Assasian! Reader x Prince! Akashi

@swansonosco here's your request!! I hope you like it

Watching from the top of the trees, you eyed the Prince's movements. A soft rustle in the wind carried his scent through the air. You felt your lungs tense up. This was your target. If you killed him, everything would be back to normal.

But if you failed, your whole family will be killed. You clutched the branch and prepared for the ambush. But before you could, he turned in your direction. Your eyes met. You froze, hoping he would just look away.

"Is there something wrong your Majesty?" a servant asked. Akashi waved a hand.

"Nothing..Nothing at all. It seems like I should go back inside for some tea," he explained. He turned his back to you. But you could see that triumph smirk as he walked away.

-

-

You sat around your fire, looking into the glares of the flames. You felt a chill but it never bothered you. Afterall, watching your father killed because of this killed your own soul.

It wasn't supposed to happen. You were just a happy girl, with your family in a peaceful village. Then, you were ambushed by a group of soldiers, your father killed in the process. You were taken by them, including your mother and siblings.

They trained you, tortured you, to make you what you are now. An killer. They said, "We hate the new King in line. If you kill him, we would let go of your family. If you fail, we will kill them."

You hugged your knees closer. "What am I even doing?"

You heard a branch snapped. You stood up and held up a knife. "Who's there?!"

A small rabbit hopped from the bushes. You sighed in relief. Then you realized it had a note. "What do you have here?" you softly asked.

You pulled the note free.

Dear to whoever you are,

I know you're here to kill me. I am absolute after all.

Come to the fountain square, and settle this for sure.

- Prince Akashi

What?

-

-

You did come indeed. You sat down on the edge, wearing one of your good dresses, but your dagger hidden inside your boot. You heard foot steps and there, behold. The Prince himself. "Your highness," you greeted.

He scoffed. "You think I would fall for it? I can see your weapon in your boot," he pointed.

You blushed red. "Excuse me! If you know then why did you sent me that message?" you asked.

He smiled. Almost too gently. "I know what happened. You're forced to do this aren't you?"

You froze. You looked down. "Yes..I am. But if I do not, my family will die!"

He held your shoulder. "You know what, how about I help you. Nothing in return. After all, I have convinced you to let me live."

"Are you even willing to? What if I kill you?" you asked. You crossed your arms defiantly.

"That is why you will tell me the location for the traitors and I will save your family. You will be kept in a cell till I return. "

You blanched. This man.

-

-

It has been 2 days since you made the deal with the Prince. But you were kept not in a cell, but a bedroom with satin beds and cedar wooden furniture. It was room fit for royalty.

You lounged about, nothing in particular. But in the span of two days, the Prince brought in maps and battle formation diagrams to discuss with you.

You were given food, a bath, anything. You stayed perfect and gave up all of your weapons, for the sake of your family's safety. "How can I trust you?" you asked him.

It was the night before he was to leave on the mission. He gave you a look but smiled. "Because I can. And I am always true to what I say."

You sighed. You looked down at the paper. "I can't leave clean like this. You save my family then what? There has to be something you want."

He pondered for a while. "I don't think so. Because you will figure what to give to me," he pointed. Your eyes widen in surprise. "When I get back, you will tell me what it is. I will decide then."

His red eyes stared back into yours. You felt your face heat up. Then you realized what he meant. "I cannot love you," you told him. "I am not of royalty and I will serve the army dof the kingdom."

He held your hands. "I have seen you before, when I traveled with my father back then. The girl with (haircolor) in the tall grass, smiling and waving at the carriage. I vowed to find you after I heard the tragedy. But I guess you found me."

You looked down. "Why me?" you questioned. He just kissed your hands.

"You're of trained blood and with my royalty, we shall have an heir worthy of the throne," he whispered.

You took his word then.

-

-

He left in the morning. You were left to make your choice. You pondered deep and looked down at your hands. He left you a ring, saying that if you agreed to his proposal, you will wear the ring and you both shall have a wedding once he returns.

You sighed. You were not deeply in love, but you liked him. A lot. The next 3 days, you made your choice.

He walked into the castle, your mother and siblings behind him. You rushed down the stairs, enveloping them into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay!" you sobbed.

You turned back and smiled at Akashi. He just smiled back. You walked to him and put your hands into his. The ring glinted in the light. His smile grew wider. "I will be the mother of your heir but I will not rule besides you. I shall live with you and train your army. That is what I wish," you said.

"If you are by my side, that is all I wish," he softly whispered. You kissed his hands.

-

-

A week after his return, you married the Prince and was placed as the army's trainer. The old King passed his throne onto the Prince, making him the rightful King. Akashi ruled the kingdom alone, without a queen since having you was already enough.

A year after the coronation, you gave birth to a son, Akashi (lastname) Aki. He was by his father's side, learning to be the right heir. Once he was 3, you gave birth to a daughter named Akashi (lastname) Ami, which was to be your heir of the Army's trainer.

All was happy, and all was righteous. This was really, a happy ending.