Akasshi Keji x Reader : Can't you be Mine?

Angst :)
-
-
"What are your plans this weekend?" Akaashi asked.

You blushed and smiled down at your hands. "Well, I don't I have anything. What about you?"

Akaashi shrugged. "I think I'll go out with (girlname) this weekend."

You flinched. It hurts when he mentions her name. She was pretty, smart, and also she fits Akaashi so well. She was his girlfriend of 6 months. And you're his neighbor and friend.

You first met him in elementary school when you first came into the neighborhood. He was quiet and very kind to a stranger like you. You took an immediate liking into the strange boy.

You tagged along everywhere he went, eventually following him to Fukurōdani. He made plenty of new friends and you also became close to them too.

Bokuto was always there when you were down and he tried his best to make Akaashi realize your affections. That was until he was asked out by (girlname).

You tried your best to keep your head high and support him. Yet when he turns around, your automatic system stops. You even feel tired from fake smiling.

"Oh would you like to hang out with me this weekend?" Haruki pipped. You snapped out of your thoughts.

"That's okay. It was sweet of you to offer." You smiled and looked around you. It was a free day for the boys and you were treating them to ice cream.

"I'm not exactly offering..I was wondering if you would actually go on a date with me on Sunday," Haruki nervously said.

You gazed at him with wide eyes. Even all of the other boys have quieted down. Akaashi's eyes bore at your side. "I'll have to take a rain check," you softly replied.

"Of course! I understand because it was kind of a sudden question," he laughed. You smiled back at him.

-
-
Akaashi was quiet as always when you two walked home. He was always stoic yet there are some moment where he shows some emotion. You glanced at his face, hoping to see at least some kind of reaction.

"Are you going to the date? With Haruki I mean," Akasshi blurted.

You jumped at his sudden question. "Well..I kind of want to spend some time with myself, like eating ice cream and crying over (favmovie)," you joked.

Akaashi gave you some sort of smile. "Very funny (y/n). But I'm serious though."

You tapped your chin thoughtfully. "I'm still thinking about it. Don't rush me!"

He chuckled. You stepped into your gate and looked back at him longingly. He was already making way into his own household. You sighed and walked inside, not knowing he also looked back.

-
-
That night you sat there. You looked over at your phone, pondering. Your parents were going out together this weekend to the onsen, celebrating your dad's raise and to have a vacation.

I mean, I have no plans. Akaashi is going to be with (girlname). What can I do? Maybe I should move on...

At that moment, your phone rang. You bolted up and grabbed it. "Hello?" You answered.

"(Y/n)?" Haruki called. You let out a breath of relief. Thank god it wasn't Akaashi.

"Hi Haruki. What's up?"

"I was calling to see if you were okay with the invitation," Haruki pointed. "I mean you can tell me tomorrow..well I mean.."

"Haruki, I was actually going to text you." No you weren't. "I think I'll say yes."

Haruki seemed to have let out a breath he was holding. "Sorry, (y/n). I mean since you like Akaashi after all." You were taken aback. "I'm not stoic or handsome like him. But I honestly wish to be by your side."