Request! Akashi Seijuro x Reader : Childhood Promise Part 1

"Hey Sei," (y/n) softly asked. The red haired boy turned to look at her.

"Is something the matter?" He asked, eyes furrowed.

She shook her head and took a careful breath. "Are you..going to remember me..even while you're at Teiko?"

Akashi smiled at the silly girl before ruffling her hair kindly. "Oh course I will remember you. When you come back from the US, I'll will wait."

Or so he promised.

Teiko was a nice school and there, Akashi joined the basketball team. He met many new people, like Nijimura, Murasakibara, Midorama, Aomine, Kise, and Kuroko.

But as the taste of victory first entered this blood, the craving for more emerged.

He became different, almost driven and obsessed. Even his eyes was now heterochromatic. The weak days were over. He's stronger and nothing can stop him.

-
-

When (y/n)'s parents decided to move to America, it was a difficult change. Though she was young, she remembered her life in Japan vividly.

Especially a red haired boy. He was so sweet and very good to her. Now she is moving back, finally after 2 years.

(Y/n) enrolled into Razukan since it was close to her old house and it seemed like a nice school to settle into.

As she read the guidelines, (y/n) decided to tour the school a bit. I wonder where the bathrooms could be..I really need to pee

Suddenly, as she turns the corner, she bumps into a very..large person?? She groans as she props herself up from the ground.

The very tan man chuckled as he helped her up. "My bad! I think you're the new student right?" His voice rumbles.

(Y/n) nodded unsure of what say exactly. "My name is (y/n)."

"Nebuya. It's nice to see new faces around here. How about you come with me to the gym? It's a great place to meet new people."

She nodded and smiled as she explained a bit about herself.

-
-
Akashi looked at his watch. Eikichi is late again. He must do suicides each minute he is late. Almost like magic, Nebuya walked through the doors of the gym with a girl. Akashi frowned. "Sei-chan, who's that?" Reo asked.

"I don't know. But she is causing trouble," he answered gruffly. "Eikichi who is that with you?"

Nebuya flinched and faced Akashi who was approaching with Reo. "This is (y/n). She just transferred. i just wanted to show her around a bit," Nebuya said nervously.

Reo tilted his head at the said girl. He flashed a friendly smile before nudging Akashi to say something. "As long as you don't cause any more disturbance to my players than you may stay in the gym," Akashi sighed.

"I'm very sorry! I promise I'll abide by your rules but may I ask what your name is?" (y/n) questioned. Akashi looked at her with cold eyes. But they wavered with uncertainty for a moment.

"Akashi. And you, (f/n), should only call me by that."

-

-

(y/n) felt her stomach churn with uncertainty. She looked at Akashi as he directed his players with a strong voice. This wasn't the boy who brought her gifts and played games in the vast garden.

This boy was grown up now. He wasn't there anymore. She sighed and continued to stare. There was no way he could've remembered who she was.

"Hey, we're going to go class now. Do you know where you're going?" Nebuya asked from the entrance. (y/n) tagged along, quickly catching up with the group.

"Ah yes! I'm supposed to be in this class," she said. She handed them the schedule. Akashi's eyes flickered slightly to her.

"You're going to be in the same class as Sei-chan," Reo pointed. He smiled at you. "You must be very smart."

"I actually transferred from the states," (y/n) bashfully explained. As everyone prodded for more answers, Akashi felt something within him twitch.

What was this feeling?

-

-

For the next few months, (y/n) became part of the group. Akashi felt like she was somehow like a tumor, growing on them with no sign of leaving. But the team remained in top condition so he let her be.

But Akashi still felt some kind of attraction to this strange girl. She entered his life and all of a sudden she was now thing bright ball of light that consumed every living space he had.

He was alone in the library, coming up with strategies when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw (y/n) smiling gently down at him.

"You looked lonely so I thought I'd come over," she teased. She sat down across from his and began doing her own work.

Akashi felt his chest tighten. "I wasn't lonely," he protested. But he knew she didn't mean it. Just talking to her somehow made him feel better, like all of his worries went away.

She looked up and laughed. "I know, the great emperor goes solo," (y/n) snickered. The remainder of the time was comfortable silence.

-

-

It was the a week before the Winter Cup. Akashi was making everyone work 10x harder then they had before.

Akashi felt a irritated that the team didn't seem so motivated to practice and get ready.

(Y/n) was making it worse. She kept visiting and though she was their good friend now, Akashi warned her that the team must remain in pristine conditions.

"Don't be so uptight!" She laughs. He frowns and watches the sight unfolds before him.

Nebuya chugging various foods and drinks while everyone laughs and cheer on. Rep turns and motions for Akashi to join.

This isn't right.

As he walks over briskly, the group silences and waits for him reaction. "(y/n) may I have a word with you?"

She trails after him, ignoring the whispers she hears the team says. "Akashi, is there something wrong?" she asked. 

"Yes and it's you. You're the problem. The team has lost their focus because of you," Akashi bluntly said. "I don't want to see you anymore. No where near the team until Winter Cup is finished."

"What is that supposed to mean?" she angrily. She felt  him brush her away. (Y/n) felt her heart freeze. This isn't the boy she fell in love with. Nope. This is someone different. "Fine. I see how it is. I see how you never kept your promise," she growls. 

Akashi didn't turn around.